Arlington v. Dyer County Postgame

GrumpyBulldog

46 minutes ago, OrangeGuru said:

The only reason you want  issues from 2007 address is to take the focus off a crime committed. The chip on the shoulder clearly seems to be with you. Coaching staff hasnt done things like you have not  liked, everybody hates the coach and the school is the problem so its ok to beat him up, literally.  You have no idea what was said and still you want to give a pass for an assault. You really have no idea what you are talking about except to down the DC program . I get it. Disgruntled alumni and hidden family member. I get all the negative comments now. 

Did you bump your head?

Hidden family member? The player is the daughter of a distant cousin of mine. I think she might start for the girls team as a sophomore. I'll have another relative in a few years play as well. (she currently plays at Northview) It's another child of a cousin of mine. 

I've said time and time again nothing justifies a physical assault except a physical assault. 

Not disgruntled at all. 

Do you know what was said? Do you know why it was said? What value did it add? What good did it do?

25 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

Did you bump your head?

Hidden family member? The player is the daughter of a distant cousin of mine. I think she might start for the girls team as a sophomore. I'll have another relative in a few years play as well. (she currently plays at Northview) It's another child of a cousin of mine. 

I've said time and time again nothing justifies a physical assault except a physical assault. 

Not disgruntled at all. 

Do you know what was said? Do you know why it was said? What value did it add? What good did it do?

Not looking to get into a running argument. You said player doesnt even know you are related. No biggy. You think she might start? So have you been attending the games and how much personal knowledge of the dynamics do you have or is it just hearsay? Are you a helicopter alum just flying in to throw out a few shots at a coach?  No, i   dont know exactly what said and neither do you. You said it added no value but you dont know. Could have been something about the first game when a assistant coach physically accosted a coach for DC trying to fire the DC players up. Maybe? Coaches have been known to try to motivate kids before. Time and tested method of trying to help players focus. i dont know.  You keep bringing up what was supposdely was said. It has no value to the issue of a crime committed. I will not respond to anything other than facts on this any longer. As little as i know as fact, you know less. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/10/2021 at 3:21 PM, warmachine7954 said:

If it was the coaches son (not an Arlington student) and a few players then they should be punished. If the coach knew about it then she should be fired. 

Kids that had nothing to do with it don't deserve to lose two years of post season because of the idiotic action of others.

I got paddled weekly (probably more) in 3rd grade because our teacher thought the wrong doing of a few kids warranted everyone in class to get 3 licks. I lost all dances (homecoming, spring, winter etc..) in high school my junior year because 2, yes 2 people came to a dance drunk and got caught. The whole school (800+) students were punished. 

Collective punishment is a tactive of dictarors, tyrants, and terrorist. It is actually a war crime. It is also seen, by many, as intimidation. It is never the answer.

I don’t understand how anyone can justify allowing this team to get away with a coach using her son as an enforcer. Basically now anyone that plays them has to be watching for him to assault them. He should be banned from all TSSAA events. I as a parent know if I lay a hand on any coach, official or player in anger that my daughter’s team could lose their season. It not a hard rule to follow either just act like a civilized human being.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Onetownguy said:

Not punishing the boys team. Punishing the school. The boys team is playing. Just have to go on the road. If the school can’t provide proper security to visiting teams and coaches. 

Don’t think that’s fair to the boys team. Can’t punish them for doing something that’s not in their control, heck they didn’t even had a game on that night. I understand what Arlington did was wrong, and yes they should be punished. However, the TSSAA knew that ending their postseason run was a little too much.  But that was what the TSSAA seems to do when it comes to basketball teams when something bad happens during the year. I wish Arlington the best! But punishing the boys is “reaching” a lot. Yes, I’m sure they had security there as well, but they can only do so much.

7 hours ago, rammerjammer2 said:

Arlington shouldn’t have been in the tournament. I don’t wish anything towards the innocent but there were guilty parties in the dyer county postgame. Serious inquiry needs to be made in the Arlington program. 

Coach and team knew what was going to happen. Preplanned during the week. Crowd gathered to watch. No innocent, all in together. 

• Like 1