Arlington v. Dyer County Postgame

GrumpyBulldog

19 minutes ago, Bballmom75 said:

How? Arlington can’t control fans just like Dyer County couldn’t control the head coach from taking the scorekeepers book and adding fouls during halftime of the prior game. 
It seems like it’s some butthurt “fans” around here. What has Coach Shields done to anyone of you? Coach her team to play ball? Y’all are super weird. What I take is this “mind the business that pays you” cause this ain’t it. What behavior has the coaches and admin staff of Arlington showed you? Examples please...

Are you suggesting that a coach getting jumped in the parking lot after the game is not a big deal? I agree the school and coach can only do so much to control the own fans, but it is something different if it were her family members that assaulted him. Again, some of it depends on who knew what and who decided to do the attack, and who assisted in carrying it out. Certainly isn't something that should be taken lightly.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Bballmom75 said:

How? Arlington can’t control fans just like Dyer County couldn’t control the head coach from taking the scorekeepers book and adding fouls during halftime of the prior game. 
It seems like it’s some butthurt “fans” around here. What has Coach Shields done to anyone of you? Coach her team to play ball? Y’all are super weird. What I take is this “mind the business that pays you” cause this ain’t it. What behavior has the coaches and admin staff of Arlington showed you? Examples please...

Only thing I can say here is if it has to be explained to you, you will never understand and will not matter. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bballmom75 said:

He took the score book and added fouls?

2 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

He took the score book and added fouls?

That's the claim this lady made during their regular season matchup. Things evidently weren't friendly between the two teams during that meeting either. 

It's quite the accusation to levy. Most coaches look over the book at halftime before heading to locker room. Would be very ballsy to tamper with it, or tell your scorekeeper to. Not that it couldn't happen, but would be a very dumb stunt to pull. 

However, even if he got on the scoreboard at halftime and added 100 points to their score, it wouldn't justify assaulting him. It is a red herring to try and justify something that isn't justifiable. 

I don't think anyone would suggest Arlington's coach should be punished if it turns out that it was a rogue fan that did this. But, if the story that is being told currently is true, it would be hard to avoid some form of punishment.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

That's the claim this lady made during their regular season matchup. Things evidently weren't friendly between the two teams during that meeting either. 

It's quite the accusation to levy. Most coaches look over the book at halftime before heading to locker room. Would be very ballsy to tamper with it, or tell your scorekeeper to. Not that it couldn't happen, but would be a very dumb stunt to pull. 

However, even if he got on the scoreboard at halftime and added 100 points to their score, it wouldn't justify assaulting him. It is a red herring to try and justify something that isn't justifiable. 

I don't think anyone would suggest Arlington's coach should be punished if it turns out that it was a rogue fan that did this. But, if the story that is being told currently is true, it would be hard to avoid some form of punishment.

That is a strange accusation to make I see coaches look at the book all the time but to claim a coach added fouls  is unusual. This would get someone suspended from the TSSAA and ruin a career. No coach would take that risk. 

Edited by Khall555

8 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

That is a strange accusation to make I see coaches look at the book all the time but to claim a coach added fouls  is unusual. This would get someone suspended from the TSSAA and ruin a career. No coach would take that risk. 

This isn't to say that McCord is a saint either. By most accounts he isn't the greatest guy to have to deal with (that's as judiciously as I can say that), but that still doesn't justify what happened. 

Arlington has come out to the Commercial Appeal and said that he was "directing insults at the AHS coach in the parking lot" after the game, which resulted in the incident. That doesn't necessarily align completely with what I've heard, but it does seem like it was definitely instigated by actions of the DC coaching staff. Again, doesn't justify what happened, but they aren't squeaky clean in this either. Not sure if DC will make a statement or get their side of the story out there. 

I don't think either coaching staff is out of the woods when it comes to facing disciplinary action.

21 minutes ago, SportsWestTN said:

This isn't to say that McCord is a saint either. By most accounts he isn't the greatest guy to have to deal with (that's as judiciously as I can say that), but that still doesn't justify what happened. 

Arlington has come out to the Commercial Appeal and said that he was "directing insults at the AHS coach in the parking lot" after the game, which resulted in the incident. That doesn't necessarily align completely with what I've heard, but it does seem like it was definitely instigated by actions of the DC coaching staff. Again, doesn't justify what happened, but they aren't squeaky clean in this either. Not sure if DC will make a statement or get their side of the story out there. 

I don't think either coaching staff is out of the woods when it comes to facing disciplinary action.

The article said" allegedly'. Which I can confirm was not correct. In fact McCord was speaking with parents, former players  and fans but nothing about coaches. This is just a screen from the Arlington coordinator and is expected. 

11 minutes ago, OrangeGuru said:

The article said" allegedly'. Which I can confirm was not correct. In fact McCord was speaking with parents, former players  and fans but nothing about coaches. This is just a screen from the Arlington coordinator and is expected. 

I have heard the comments made about the Arlington coach weren’t made in the parking lot but were comments he made to other people about her, that got back around to her. Arlington is trying to control the narrative with what they told the CA, but DC coaches aren’t blameless in this either. 

1 hour ago, SportsWestTN said:

I have heard the comments made about the Arlington coach weren’t made in the parking lot but were comments he made to other people about her, that got back around to her. Arlington is trying to control the narrative with what they told the CA, but DC coaches aren’t blameless in this either. 

Comments are comments. I would probably bet a few dollars comments came out of other side also. Coaches always say things in practice. But when did comments give free reign to allow to physically assault anyone? DC coaches are not saints no doubt, none of us are. DC coaches did not strike anyone in face first game nor help arrange and allow assault this game. Controlling the narrative should be truthful. 

29 minutes ago, OrangeGuru said:

Comments are comments. I would probably bet a few dollars comments came out of other side also. Coaches always say things in practice. But when did comments give free reign to allow to physically assault anyone? DC coaches are not saints no doubt, none of us are. DC coaches did not strike anyone in face first game nor help arrange and allow assault this game. Controlling the narrative should be truthful. 

As I’ve said throughout this thread, there is no comments that could have been made to justify getting attacked. My comments on “controlling the narrative” mean that they are putting out the information that makes them look the best. Dyer Co did the same thing in the State Gazette. Neither is mentioning the things that make themselves look bad. Truth may not make it out to the general public; but if it does, I think you’ll see disciplinary action on both sides.