Union City At MASE (sectionals)

coachzero

11 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

There is no deflection. I have stated the reasons why it happens like it does. I've also never said that is was an ok thing to do. However, what is, at the moment, is. All you see is what you think is cheating. In this case you have no idea what actually happened. 

You have an idea of what you think the rules should be but you don't look at what the rules actually are.

The fact is when the TSSAA clears a kid to play that kid had to have meet their requirements. Not yours but their's.

You can't say justice was served when you don't know the full story. For all we know the coach told the kid and the team that the kid was eligible to play. If he wasn't that wasn't on the kids or the player. That's on the coach. The kids are the ones that suffer. In the end it's the kids that always pay the price. 

The players at MASE are the ones that get the bad end of this. 

Now that I totally agree with!  That was my point. The kids are the ones that suffer with the lockout by the powers that be in SCS. When the private school kids are allowed to attend school in Memphis but the city kids aren’t there is something seriously wrong. Like I said before, the private school kids are no better than those going to city schools. They are all breathing the same air. So there was nothing nefarious  about my posts. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

8 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

You’re still mad because I called Hardaway out for Illegally recruiting players in Memphis and the NCAA busting the player and the University over it. And I know race bating talk as well and that’s what you’re doing.  Trying to make this a racial thing as you always do because that’s who you are. You’re racist and it shows in every text you type. Plain and simple. You people was referring to the teachers and the teachers association of Shelby county. Had nothing to do with anything else. But you’re always playing the race card because you can’t talk about the real issues at hand. 

Why do you think you have to call someone out. Everyone in the country knows what happened. Had Penny not been a U of M alum none of this would have been an issue. The only reason the NCAA said it was an issue was because they determined that Penny was a booster. 

You won't answer questions that people ask you. That is intelectually dishonest.

You won't answer these questions but I'll ask anyway.

What is the real issue at hand?

If the TSSAA clears a player then why is it "wrong"?

Why not word or phrase your sentence to say the teachers of SCS instead of saying y'all?

Which teacher's association are you speaking about? There is more than one union that teachers can join. I personally am not a member of any. If a teacher chooses to be then that's their choice not yours.

Your opinion isn't what's valuable here. The "facts" that you say you speak are what needs to be stated. That means there needs to be some evidence other than what originates in the grey matter between your ears.

The last thing here. I'm a teacher of 14 years, 6 in SCS. We have absolutley no say in any of these decisions. That shows how ignorant you are about anything that goes on in Shelby County. Don't try to be wise and blame teachers for anything. We have been working ever since last year. We have taught classes everyday virtually. I've been on campus 90% of the time. We've adapted to new technology, new demands, and new methods of instruction in the blink of an eye. Students and parents are doing the best they can. Until you've done that at any point in your life for an extended period of time keep be quite. We have done the work and gotten the correct pay for it. To say people got paid for nothing is just ignorant. 

Just now, UCSportsFan said:

Now that I totally agree with!  That was my point. The kids are the ones that suffer with the lockout by the powers that be in SCS. When the private school kids are allowed to attend school in Memphis but the city kids aren’t there is something seriously wrong. Like I said before, the private school kids are no better than those going to city schools. They are all breathing the same air. So nothing racist about my posts. 

I don't care about private schools. They don't opperate under the same rules as public schools. 

The kids that go to privates are either their because they live in $500,000 houses and can afford the tuition or they're there because they recieve financial aid from the schools. 

This private vs public does nothing to help your case with the race issue that has followed you like a bad smelling fart. 

The private schools in Shelby County are overwhelmingly white. You'll also find that when it comes to private school athletics that many minorites are there because of financial aid. They literally keep spots of finacial aid open for athletes. Football and basketball are where the most African Americans are.

Compare the facilites of CBHS, MUS, Harding, Lausanne etc.. to Trezvant. White Station doesn't even have it's own football field. Their baseball field is laughable compared to other public schools like Collierville, Bartlett, or Arlington. Germantown uses the city of Germantowns field. 

To compare public versus private in anything in Shelby County, again, shows how much you don't know about the reality of Shelby County. 

Question for you UC? You call me racist correct but I'm not the one saying you people and saying "yall" and "you people" and another question, how do you know I'm not white? Just curious? I could be as white as you...do you automatically assume I'm black because I don't go along with the dumb stuff you say?

Edited by SayWhat

17 minutes ago, warmachine7954 said:

I don't care about private schools. They don't opperate under the same rules as public schools. 

The kids that go to privates are either their because they live in $500,000 houses and can afford the tuition or they're there because they recieve financial aid from the schools. 

This private vs public does nothing to help your case with the race issue that has followed you like a bad smelling fart. 

The private schools in Shelby County are overwhelmingly white. You'll also find that when it comes to private school athletics that many minorites are there because of financial aid. They literally keep spots of finacial aid open for athletes. Football and basketball are where the most African Americans are.

Compare the facilites of CBHS, MUS, Harding, Lausanne etc.. to Trezvant. White Station doesn't even have it's own football field. Their baseball field is laughable compared to other public schools like Collierville, Bartlett, or Arlington. Germantown uses the city of Germantowns field. 

To compare public versus private in anything in Shelby County, again, shows how much you don't know about the reality of Shelby County. 

Warmachine, I told him a month ago, the more he types, the more he reveals what he doesn't know about the Shelby County school system or as he said "you people" Comparing public to private schools is moronic and shows he has no clue...

1 hour ago, warmachine7954 said:

Pretty sure he's referring to Charter schools as well. 

1 hour ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Pretty sure he's referring to Charter schools as well. 

Charters are still under the public umbrella. There are no charter's that look anything like a private schools in Shelby County.

The majority of charters in Memphis have failed time and time again academically. Many of them perform poorly over time in academics and athletics. They even operate with more freedom (most of the time) than public schools do and continue to be a bad experiment.

There is no comparison.

I was determined to stay quiet on this, but I'm now completely confused... how is it a bad thing for someone to state that it was wrong that the public schools weren't allowed to have a season, when the privates in the same area were? Just for the record I don't know UC other than his posts on here, and he and I have disagreed plenty, although we keep it friendly. I also can't comprehend how his accusatory pronoun of "these same people" gets translated into racism, when he clearly didn't know who it was aimed specifically at, other than whomever is responsible for allowing kids to transfer and play against TSSAA policy. It's a bad look to defend everything with an unfounded accusation rather than explaining the mistake in my opinion, but that's for each poster to decide I guess.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but where I come from, "you people" is inflammatory and speaks to something else behind cheating and dems...thanks..you don't have to agree with me or what I said however, I stand by it...no one said he was wrong for what he said however what he did say in regards to it being a political issue which turned this into something else for and when he said "you people" that changed the tone for myself..I can't speak for you or anyone...you can go for that but now, I have to side eye you as well if you think saying you people is cool...

3 hours ago, SayWhat said:

I'm sorry but where I come from, "you people" is inflammatory and speaks to something else behind cheating and dems...thanks..you don't have to agree with me or what I said however, I stand by it...no one said he was wrong for what he said however what he did say in regards to it being a political issue which turned this into something else for and when he said "you people" that changed the tone for myself..I can't speak for you or anyone...you can go for that but now, I have to side eye you as well if you think saying you people is cool...

In context, it didn't sound like "you people" to me... he said "those same people" who use the kids when they need them to win, would not care about them when they could no longer use them for their own benefit. I'll wholeheartedly agree that in some instances "you people" separates... young from old, races, genders, political parties, ect..., and separation can be hurtful but he did say "those same people", not "you people".

4 hours ago, SayWhat said:

You continue to try and push a racial narrative towards me at every turn. You change the wording to make it look like I said or implied something that I didn’t.  I guarantee you there isn’t one high school athlete in Memphis that doesn’t agree with me about the fact the public kids are being punished all the while the private kids get to enjoy school, sports activities etc...  this isn’t just about sports and that’s the point I was making. Because Memphis City decided to not have school even though the rest of the entire state did, it’s not fair to the kids!  Then you have this kind of result where a young man just wants to play ball so he transfers any way he can just to be able to play. He doesn’t have the support like a James Wiseman did or the transfers that moved to Germantown this year I’m guessing. He just wanted to play but in so doing the powers that be didn’t do it correctly so now not only can he not play but the team he joined is out as well. Just doesn’t make any sense to me. It’s all unnecessary. I was just curious as to why the only organization (SCS) in the entire state of Tennessee didn’t allow the kids to come back to school?  

11 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

Charters are still under the public umbrella. There are no charter's that look anything like a private schools in Shelby County.

The majority of charters in Memphis have failed time and time again academically. Many of them perform poorly over time in academics and athletics. They even operate with more freedom (most of the time) than public schools do and continue to be a bad experiment.

There is no comparison.

Charter schools thrive all through the country. Just seems like Shelby County doesn't get much right if we're being honest.