Class AAA Bracket 2021

FootballFan51

11 minutes ago, Bump11 said:

From a Fox and TSSAA statement

”Arlington, Tenn. — The girls’ basketball team at Arlington High School saw their season come to an abrupt end after the son of the team’s head coach hit a Dyer County coach in the face, according to the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association.

The TSSAA announced Thursday that, along with fines and other penalties, the girls’ basketball team will not be allowed to enter the postseason girls’ basketball tournament or receive any awards recognizing their finish in the regular season which the team finished 13-2 overall.”

Yep all of that was true Thursday and still may be upheld after the court ruling but if not Arlington and Collierville will play for that final spot.

Just now, StateChampDad said:

A report last night said that a Circuit Court judge suspended the suspension and will hear it Tuesday... and the sub state game will be played Monday.  Who knows what’s happening.  

also, Repoman I hope you are wrong! 

Lol, it just brought back "horrible " memories for me, but at same time its just a game. Anything can happen good luck to your team from an ole dad  be proud regardless whatever happens. 

• Like 1

I don't suspect that this game will happen. The judge will likely throw this out, because TSSAA and Arlington already rendered their decision. The parent's injunction is against Arlington High, the district, and TSSAA....so who will this team be representing? The coach is an employee of the district, so how do they coach a team that the injunction is against?

I think the Hardin CO/Bearden game will be an interesting one. Hardin Co is a better version of White County. They both shoot the ball extremely well. Skyler Gill is the real deal.

The Lebanon/Bradley game will be a chess match. I'd love to see Lebanon get the win.

If Arlington gets in, they have the talent to win it, but I don't think they have the coaching (in this setting) I haven't seen Blackman. Collierville plays fast and pressures the ball like crazy. They have size, but they've never played on this stage, which I think matters.

Maryville over Page. I think Maryville can get to the championship.

5 minutes ago, kwea42 said:

I don't suspect that this game will happen. The judge will likely throw this out, because TSSAA and Arlington already rendered their decision. The parent's injunction is against Arlington High, the district, and TSSAA....so who will this team be representing? The coach is an employee of the district, so how do they coach a team that the injunction is against?

I think the Hardin CO/Bearden game will be an interesting one. Hardin Co is a better version of White County. They both shoot the ball extremely well. Skyler Gill is the real deal.

The Lebanon/Bradley game will be a chess match. I'd love to see Lebanon get the win.

If Arlington gets in, they have the talent to win it, but I don't think they have the coaching (in this setting) I haven't seen Blackman. Collierville plays fast and pressures the ball like crazy. They have size, but they've never played on this stage, which I think matters.

Maryville over Page. I think Maryville can get to the championship.

Blackman will hopefully take care of business rd 1. They are fast and have size and speed. To big inside players that are scrappy , and have good hops . Iyanna Moore is sharp shooter from the three and has great ball skills along with Tori Page .  I thine we see Collierville / Blackman (w) and then a Maryville Blackman game . No offense to my rebel friends, Especially RW87, I like our chances in that game. More importantly I would like to hook up for a beer and burgers if she gets to come down. 

All I know is we are playing a Middle TN team called the Patriots!

That is enough to get me fired up!

Survive and advance.

Oakland is the only common opponent.

Page lost way back on November 20, 2020                                  Page 38-56 Oakland

Maryville won on December 29, 2020                                     Maryville 65-57 Oakland

Edited by Red Rebels

How much better is Bradley from last year? Lebanon beat the reigning champs last season in the quarters with an arsenal of shooters. However, what leb lacks in shooting they make up for with defense this season. 

Senior Point guard Addie Porter has made 4 sub states in her high school career and 3 state tournament appearances. 

After beating the reigning champs last spring Lebanon should have been the favorite to win it all if it had not been for Covid. They are 28-4 this year with Porter and 6’4 post Mason leading the way. In my opinion, Lebanon is a top 3 team in the state and Porter is a top player but starting off with Bradley for the third straight year could be scary. 

In the sub state against Cane Ridge Lebanon blasted off to a 16-1 lead 4 minutes into the first. In the region ship against Northwest they held them to 4 points in the 4th quarter after entering the period tied. The game before against rossview they held them to a total of 5 points in the third quarter ,and the district ship against beech they held them to 4 points in the third quarter to take a huge lead. 

Second half defense and game planning has been huge for the devilettes in there last 5 matchups. Is there another post in the state that can matchup with Mason?

Edited by PiddyDaFull

Not making excuses about last years game, just pointing out some facts that may not be known. (we did lose so I can't argue that.)

We were without our starting point guard who went down with a knee issue in the opening game of the region, and didn't play at all after that. She's back now. 

We were without our team captain in Anna Walker who injured her ankle in the practice the day before the game.

That being said we weren't at full strength. Might have still lost but we might have won too...we will never know but that's why we play the game. Thursday will be interesting, and we will see what happens. 

20 hours ago, PiddyDaFull said:

This seems a little disrespectful. 

Have you seen lebanon play? You may be eating your words a week from now.

No disrespect was intended at all. Lebanon lost to Cookeville and more recently Stone Memorial - two teams Bradley beat, and Bradley soundly beat Stone who beat Lebanon by double digits.

If you yourself rated the playoff teams from #1-#8, couldn't I easily say you were disrespectful to the teams you ranked from #4-#8???  See my point.

I've been wrong before and may be wrong this time - either way, life goes on.  Wishing Lebanon a successful tourney.

Edited by blitzinbuc
  • Like 1