Gomab's Team Rankings

CoachT

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Gomab! Culleoka is 21-3 not 20-5!! Get it right man!

Where did you come up with us having 5 loses..we've only lost to cascade,richland,and BGA...thats 3 not 5!!

later,

Dp

I certainly agree with itzme about D2, Gomab.

Having said that, however, I would like to commend you on the extraordinary job you have done this year covering Tennessee HS basketball. No rankings are perfect, but you perform impressive analysis and your polls are as accurate as any. Congratulations on another fine regular season, and best of luck to you on your full player rankings!

Hey gomab. What happened to Mitchell? Weren't you singing their praises early in the season? If their performance in the AA title game in football shows us anything it's that raw talent and athletecism is worthless without direction and character. (They got HAMMERED by David Lipscomb in the AA title game for those who aren't aware) I don't mean to single out Mitchell, it's just that your single A final poll is quite a bit different than the first poll. I always thought you were giving certain teams a little too much credit (i.e. Santa Fe and McEwen just to name a couple). And if a Lewis county fan sees this poll, he'll blow a gasket! How dare you not rank LC in the top 10 :) ! All in all, I'd say it has been a weak single A field this year and hard to predict in general. Rigdeway is going to have to bring it to beat Giles county. They're pretty dang tough, dude.

As for D-II, the rankings are the most difficult of any class by far..... I just felt that with the recent week's schedule, Ryan was back at #1. Notre Dame just lost to Catholic, and had to drop. Not that I ever look to this for validation, but I just looked and saw the AP did the same thing I did with Ryan.......

What do you mean what happened to Mitchell??? They have a great ball team and a Top 5 team in the State in Class A in my opinion. They have played by FAAAAAAAAAAAR the toughest Class A Schedule in the state..... My mistake on Culleoka's record; the site originally had Culleoka with 5 losses, including one to Huntland, which I see has now been corrected. So I ranked Culleoka under the misconception that Huntland upset them........

Regarding Mitchell...

Teams that beat them this season, their classification and their final records...

Westside (AA) 9-15 record

Peabody (A) 20-5 record

Hillcrest (AA) 15-11 record

GWCarver (AA) 17-9 record

BTWash (AA) 17-7 record

Sheffield (AA) 15-11 record

Only avenged loss was to Peabody

Conversely, the list of teams they beat, their classifications and their final records...

Treadwell (AA) 5-15 record

LakeCo. (A) 1-17 record

South Side (AA) 4-15 record

Halls (A) 13-14 record

Bradford (A) 13-16 record

Westwood (AA) 2-18 record

Oak haven (AA) 6-15 record

My apologies, gomab. Apparently, Mitchell

has played a blistering schedule full of winners :) . Just going by records, it looks to me like the only teams they've played worth bragging about have beaten them (GWC, BTW and Peabody). And the teams they have beaten with the exception of Peabody, have been average at best. If their schedule is far and away the toughest in single A, then single A has truly had an off year.