THE CREEKBANK.. Updated

tcjacket13

Thoughts on last night jacket fans? I think the starters held their own against Shelby pretty well. Got burned on two long plays for Shelby’s scores against the 1s. TC killed their best drive with a snap over the QBs head. Gotta clean that up. Had some success on power run plays to the edges not as much straight up the middle.  Worked in some short throws but a couple went thru the receivers hands. So some typical scrimmage sloppiness.   

still would prefer a bit more size at the line. Wish Calhoun did not have to play CB also (needed kylan Johnson to stay).  Banks needs more touches again. Had one carry for around 20 yards. He also shed a block and caused the fumble on an early drive for Shelby, a very nice play. Oh and Xavier Harper is a stud. Will be one of the best players in 2A. Beat his man consistently at DE and they had to start double teaming him. Really missed him last season.  But welcome back!  

overall solid team for the jackets but probably not state title level. 

3 hours ago, ghostofthepast said:

Funny to hear a school that claimed they beat teams of all sizes back in the day, quickly shrink behind the excuse of enrollment size from a loss.

Man it’s the jamboree, we have won like 2 jamborees in the last 20 years, if you know TC, we are normally very vanilla, and just trying to work on getting assignments right etc 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DealLawyer said:

Thoughts on last night jacket fans? I think the starters held their own against Shelby pretty well. Got burned on two long plays for Shelby’s scores against the 1s. TC killed their best drive with a snap over the QBs head. Gotta clean that up. Had some success on power run plays to the edges not as much straight up the middle.  Worked in some short throws but a couple went thru the receivers hands. So some typical scrimmage sloppiness.   

still would prefer a bit more size at the line. Wish Calhoun did not have to play CB also (needed kylan Johnson to stay).  Banks needs more touches again. Had one carry for around 20 yards. He also shed a block and caused the fumble on an early drive for Shelby, a very nice play. Oh and Xavier Harper is a stud. Will be one of the best players in 2A. Beat his man consistently at DE and they had to start double teaming him. Really missed him last season.  But welcome back!  

overall solid team for the jackets but probably not state title level. 

I still think it’s too early to say anything on how good this team can be, we’ve never performed well at the jamboree, The negatives from last night: 1) Cant get our eyes caught in the backfield on 4th and 10 and let the WR run right by you, 2) missed tackles, we had several plays where we had them at the line of scrimmage and they picked up 5-10 yds, positives: 1) Harper looked good 2) we can throw the ball pretty good :shock:

1 hour ago, TCRadio said:

Man it’s the jamboree, we have won like 2 jamborees in the last 20 years, if you know TC, we are normally very vanilla, and just trying to work on getting assignments right etc 

And they weren't vanilla?

Again, for a team that claims to be a giant killer in their past, you guys sure throw out the enrollment number as an excuse now.  Can't defend it, just eat the hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, TCRadio said:

I would say drop to 1A and try and win titles like in the past, but you aren't getting that either. Peabody would annihilate you.

4 hours ago, TCRadio said:

I still think it’s too early to say anything on how good this team can be, we’ve never performed well at the jamboree, The negatives from last night: 1) Cant get our eyes caught in the backfield on 4th and 10 and let the WR run right by you, 2) missed tackles, we had several plays where we had them at the line of scrimmage and they picked up 5-10 yds, positives: 1) Harper looked good 2) we can throw the ball pretty good :shock:

Agree on too early. Just trying to speculate for fun. Team definitely has some potential though. 

8 hours ago, ghostofthepast said:

And they weren't vanilla?

Again, for a team that claims to be a giant killer in their past, you guys sure throw out the enrollment number as an excuse now.  Can't defend it, just eat the hypocrisy.

I just asked a simple question. I thought Shelbyville was 5A. I was not making any excuses about anything. I like that we are willing to play up and Shelbyville was good last year. 

10 minutes ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

I just asked a simple question. I thought Shelbyville was 5A. I was not making any excuses about anything. I like that we are willing to play up and Shelbyville was good last year. 

Yes they were 7-2 in 5A last year with senior all state QB returning. A very solid team that was a tough match up for a 2A school with most starters playing both ways.