THE CREEKBANK.. Updated

tcjacket13

2 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

RTD—main question, when will the jackets RTD??

All those L you'll take in the playoffs. But to give Watertown credit TC took some L’s doing the regular season for past few years as well. But no trash talking this year I don't know how good or the type of team TC has this year. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, VandyFan2950 said:

Gotta question for ya TC. Trousdale is successful year in and year out. Which can be very hard to do in small town football where enrollment and depth can make or break your season. So what keeps the jackets performing at such a high level every year? Is it coaching? Winning culture? Does the Jr. pro league and middle school implement the same offense and defense as the high school, making it second nature to the kids when they reach high school?  Just interested in hearing your thoughts.

It does have to do with coaching too but I would say mostly the culture, these kids dream of bringing another gold ball to Trousdale County, winning is the expectation not the goal, sure there has been years we benefited from a weaker region that kept our playoff streak alive, but when you play TC, you know you're going to have to earn it! Years ago the Jr. Pro and MS ran the same offense as the HS but I'm not around those programs much so i'm not for sure now, @RTD may be able to answer that question better.  "The more things change, the more they stay the same"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TCRadio said:

It does have to do with coaching too but I would say mostly the culture, these kids dream of bringing another gold ball to Trousdale County, winning is the expectation not the goal, sure there has been years we benefited from a weaker region that kept our playoff streak alive, but when you play TC, you know you're going to have to earn it! Years ago the Jr. Pro and MS ran the same offense as the HS but I'm not around those programs much so i'm not for sure now, @RTD may be able to answer that question better.  "The more things change, the more they stay the same"

Great post! I've witnessed the turnaround of our program and alot if not all of what TCRadio said about culture and coaching is true.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, RTD said:

All those L you'll take in the playoffs. But to give Watertown credit TC took some L’s doing the regular season for past few years as well. But no trash talking this year I don't know how good or the type of team TC has this year. 

I think the roster/talent level still looks pretty darn good. Would prefer some more size at the line of scrimmage. That hurt the jackets against Meigs last year and the two biggest guys are gone. I’ve also been critical of the coaching as the last two years the team had too many turnovers and penalties esp early in the season. That did improve last year as the season wore on. Hopefully they are crisper out of the gate this season with friendship and Baxter first 2 games.   

3 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

Is jamboree still on tomorrow night and what time does it start? I hope to be there 

Jamboree is a go, not for certain on a time that the action will get under way, We will be live at 6:30 pm to preview this year's yellow jacket season, we are excited to welcome some old faces back to the schedule and also excited to welcome new region opponents.  

17 hours ago, RTD said:

I look for Watertown to take a big step back this year! Hackett will have the D on point, but lost alot of weapon's 

42 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Sounds like sandbagging to me.

He is, they got the best QB in our region and maybe y’all’s too, kid can play, they lost some talent just like we did, they have a tougher schedule this year so the record may take a step back but they won’t take a big step back in competitiveness. It will be a slobberknocker on OCT29 on the CREEKBANK! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

He is, they got the best QB in our region and maybe y’all’s too, kid can play, they lost some talent just like we did, they have a tougher schedule this year so the record may take a step back but they won’t take a big step back in competitiveness. It will be a slobberknocker on OCT29 on the CREEKBANK! 

Not really seen him play, but if he's possibly better than ours I'd be really impressed. Our qb this year should put up some great numbers. 

This game between you all is more important this time around than it has been the last 3 years imo.

• Upvote 1