THE CREEKBANK.. Updated

tcjacket13

On 8/6/2021 at 11:04 AM, crow said:

Really? That’s the first time I’ve heard anyone say they were even as good as last year. Most say they’re down even from last year and last year they were no where near what they were in 2019. Time will tell I suppose. 

This is coming from Oneida, when have you guys ever been relevant to judge anyone?

Upperman will be good, Cookeville/ Baxter is a growing area, plenty of talent.

2 hours ago, ghostofthepast said:

This is coming from Oneida, when have you guys ever been relevant to judge anyone?

Upperman will be good, Cookeville/ Baxter is a growing area, plenty of talent.

Ok chief. They’re world beaters. You’re whole schedule is full of ‘em. You have totally changed my mind and thank you, Karen, for straightening me out :roflol:

Considering I watched our 2019 and our 2020 game vs Upperman I can unequivocally say the 2019 version was head and shoulders above the 2020 version. That’s not a knock, that’s an evaluation. Every year a team, every team, is same, better or worse than the previous year. I didn’t say or imply Upperman wasn’t a good team. I simply said their 2019 team was definitely better than the 2020 version. I have been told they aren’t expected to be as good this year as last I don’t know that, no one does yet just as no one knows if they’ll be better than last year yet. Even if they’re down again I still didn’t say that made them a scrub. Upperman is a good program and one of the classiest teams we’ve played in years. We tried to continue the series but with realignment and them moving classification it was mutually agreed the schedule couldn’t be worked out. They are far and away my favorite out of region opponent we’ve had in a very long time. Hopefully that clears up my assessment. 

Edited by crow

13 hours ago, crow said:

Ok chief. They’re world beaters. You’re whole schedule is full of ‘em. You have totally changed my mind and thank you, Karen, for straightening me out :roflol:

Considering I watched our 2019 and our 2020 game vs Upperman I can unequivocally say the 2019 version was head and shoulders above the 2020 version. That’s not a knock, that’s an evaluation. Every year a team, every team, is same, better or worse than the previous year. I didn’t say or imply Upperman wasn’t a good team. I simply said their 2019 team was definitely better than the 2020 version. I have been told they aren’t expected to be as good this year as last I don’t know that, no one does yet just as no one knows if they’ll be better than last year yet. Even if they’re down again I still didn’t say that made them a scrub. Upperman is a good program and one of the classiest teams we’ve played in years. We tried to continue the series but with realignment and them moving classification it was mutually agreed the schedule couldn’t be worked out. They are far and away my favorite out of region opponent we’ve had in a very long time. Hopefully that clears up my assessment. 

Upperman hardly ever takes a week off, they play non conference 6A, 5A, and 4A squads most teams in the area are afraid of unless they are forced to.  I mean they schedule Trousdale, who everyone like @TCRadio thinks might beat em.  Livingston, Cookeville, and White Co don't...  As far as I am concerned Upperman only looks down because they don't play cupcakes and then their district.

Have they been a championship team, no, but I don't see any of those in the Upper Cumberland anyways, not in a while.

31 minutes ago, ghostofthepast said:

Upperman hardly ever takes a week off, they play non conference 6A, 5A, and 4A squads most teams in the area are afraid of unless they are forced to.  I mean they schedule Trousdale, who everyone like @TCRadio thinks might beat em.  Livingston, Cookeville, and White Co don't...  As far as I am concerned Upperman only looks down because they don't play cupcakes and then their district.

Have they been a championship team, no, but I don't see any of those in the Upper Cumberland anyways, not in a while.

Boss we agree on Upperman and the type of program they are. Even if they are a very good team they could still be “down” compared to 2019 or even 2020. I have zero beef with the Bees and would love to see them in Chattanooga this December. Again my comment about them being down Isnt a slight about them not being good. It was meant as a comparison to the past two seasons. I personally hope they’re better than ever but if they are down compared to last season and if TC is as good as they say they will be then Upperman shouldn’t be a loss. Certainly doesn’t mean Upperman won’t win. They may be better than last year or 2019. If so they’ll toast TC. I just personally haven’t heard anyone say they’re up compared to last year until the post on this topic said it. Certainly doesn’t mean the poster was wrong, might just mean I haven’t talked to the right people yet. Go back and read my stuff about Upperman on our game threads the last 2 years. Nothing but love from The Reservation for them. But then again I’m an Oneida fan so I guess my appreciation for Upperman may not be relevant anyway :lol: (joking BTW)

Edited by crow

On 8/5/2021 at 4:30 AM, crow said:

Word on the street is Upperman is way down this year still. I know they were down last year compared the the 2 years before that. If y’all are a contender I’m betting you get by them. Watertown may be a different story. Not that familiar with what either of you have returning really. 

Word on the street is wrong. Several kids getting d-1 looks, 1 with several offers. Big team with lots of depth. It's a winnable game for the jackets, but they will be underdogs in that game. 

31 minutes ago, UpperCumberlandMan said:

Word on the street is wrong. Several kids getting d-1 looks, 1 with several offers. Big team with lots of depth. It's a winnable game for the jackets, but they will be underdogs in that game. 

Glad to hear that! Like I said, I’m a fan. I’d love to see them make a run this year!

2 hours ago, TCRadio said:

THEY BIG BIG! We for sure will be underdogs in that one, but I do look for it to be very competitive 

They’ve been big the last two years to lol. We kept it a nail biter to the end down there last year and gave ‘em a game until the middle of the 4th here in 2019. They were easily the best team we saw in ‘19. I really enjoyed playing them. Hopefully we can get the series fired back up soon. 

7 hours ago, crow said:

They’ve been big the last two years to lol. We kept it a nail biter to the end down there last year and gave ‘em a game until the middle of the 4th here in 2019. They were easily the best team we saw in ‘19. I really enjoyed playing them. Hopefully we can get the series fired back up soon. 

https://www.prepredzone.com/2021/08/scrimmage-notes-green-hill-ncs-upperman/