THE CREEKBANK.. Updated

tcjacket13

1 hour ago, Sidelinehustler said:

Passing leagues have their place. It certainly gives you a good idea about your secondary from the standpoint of being able to get lined up according to formation and adjust to motion and shifts, read their keys, and cover. Offensively, if your QB can read coverages, and if your guys can catch and run clean routes. 

I have been able to tell in those games and even practices if we have any Mr. Football type players for the year. I think our qb will definitely be in the running this year given a decent line. 

1 hour ago, Haydiboy said:

Is will meadows still there how would you compare him to his father. I know his dad holds a record in rushing can't remember if it was for a game,season,or all time career though. You know more about tiger football than me though Yeti. I would have liked to seen Meigs get some different out of region games im ngl a match-up  I've always wanted to see is Meigs vs loudon.  Tell you what mcminn Cherokees  will trade loudon for signal mountain lol.  I'd definetly  go to see that game between the tigers and redskins. But im content with the black and yellar  Boys playin em this year.  I'm excited to see mcminn play sweetwater  for some reason I feel that'd be a super good Gate,  my dad was saying he wishes his daddy  was still alive to watch that game with us so we could rub it in his face when we skin  them cats

Will post the reply on Meigs thread as to not Hijack TC's thread. 

5 hours ago, Yeti said:

That only means our region teams have better competition will than yours. Reality of it is we will be seasoned come playoffs whatever seed we manage to get. If one thing TC should have learned about Meigs by now is we show up to play when we get there. Win or lose.

Just to be clear, I am neither a Meigs or TC fan.  I am a football fan.  Im a valley guy but have no kids or grandkids on any teams now.  I guess you can say Im a floater.  I watch whatever game catches my attention weekly.  I have wathced Meigs a lot in recent years.  I do not think they will be as good this year.  And no doubt, region 3 is very very tough.  you better just hope that whoever is left standing, isnt too beat up going into the semis to play what i think will be a tough hampton team (i watched your game with them last year).  Trousdale was too beat up going into the champrionship game in 2018 due to similar situation.  Best of luck to both teams.  I hope I get to watch yall play again this year.

19 hours ago, TheBest2018 said:

I have wathced Meigs a lot in recent years I do not think they will be as good this year

You may very well be right, and I dont think I'm a Homer really, but If our line can manage to be anything as close to what it was last year we will be very hard to beat. Im pretty sure we will be good though.

I'm sorry Trousdale folks for disrupting your thread. I'll try to do better. :blink:

Edited by Yeti
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, Yeti said:

That only means our region teams have better competition will than yours. Reality of it is we will be seasoned come playoffs whatever seed we manage to get. If one thing TC should have learned about Meigs by now is we show up to play when we get there. Win or lose.

that's what has made these last 3 games so awesome to watch as fans, both teams making the other earn it, both teams leaving it all on the field. 

2 hours ago, TCRadio said:

that's what has made these last 3 games so awesome to watch as fans, both teams making the other earn it, both teams leaving it all on the field. 

Absolutely right. Last 3 seasons  each game decided by 3 points lol. What games they turned out to be. As a fan those have been my favorites of the last 3 seasons. The 18 game was my favorite game of all time even though we lost.

4 hours ago, Yeti said:

Absolutely right. Last 3 seasons  each game decided by 3 points lol. What games they turned out to be. As a fan those have been my favorites of the last 3 seasons. The 18 game was my favorite game of all time even though we lost.

It was a great game, and arguably helped peabody to the gold ball. 

• 3 weeks later...

TC Radio, any thoughts on the article in today’s vidette?  Moved Keenan burnley to running back and kobyn Calhoun appears to be the leader at QB over Shockley and Maddox. Also moved Gunter to OT, Xavier Harper now TE (thank goodness he’s back! Mainly for D). Jon Brandon and rob atwood battling for center. So Brandon could be left out after starting last year.  Interesting moves.  

in any event, personnel on offense looks pretty good. 

hopefully they preview the defense soon as that side of the ball has a lot more questions IMO. 

11 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

TC Radio, any thoughts on the article in today’s vidette?  Moved Keenan burnley to running back and kobyn Calhoun appears to be the leader at QB over Shockley and Maddox. Also moved Gunter to OT, Xavier Harper now TE (thank goodness he’s back! Mainly for D). Jon Brandon and rob atwood battling for center. So Brandon could be left out after starting last year.  Interesting moves.  

in any event, personnel on offense looks pretty good. 

hopefully they preview the defense soon as that side of the ball has a lot more questions IMO. 

I think it's a good move putting Keenan at wing and Kobyn at QB, Kobyn is the future for the next few years, Gunter is one of the strongest guys on the team so moving to T should not be a problem, X is back! excited to see what all they do with him, I think he will play multiple positions on offense and defense.  I think Atwood probably starts at C.  As far as the defense goes, I would expect Brandon, Lucas Scruggs, X, Shockley, Cole Gregory, AJ Adams  in some order will be your LB, D-line will consist of Holder, West, Gunter, Atwood and couple others.  I think there will be some surprises this year with this team, loads of potential but they have to want it and have to make it happen, nothing will be given to them!

5 hours ago, TCRadio said:

I think it's a good move putting Keenan at wing and Kobyn at QB, Kobyn is the future for the next few years, Gunter is one of the strongest guys on the team so moving to T should not be a problem, X is back! excited to see what all they do with him, I think he will play multiple positions on offense and defense.  I think Atwood probably starts at C.  As far as the defense goes, I would expect Brandon, Lucas Scruggs, X, Shockley, Cole Gregory, AJ Adams  in some order will be your LB, D-line will consist of Holder, West, Gunter, Atwood and couple others.  I think there will be some surprises this year with this team, loads of potential but they have to want it and have to make it happen, nothing will be given to them!

Can't believe it took them this long to figure out the other two aren't winning QB's. Calhoun kid is a stud, no doubt, and the Gregory kid too, but you guys vastly overhype 80% of those guys.  Only thing that'll save em is that pathetic district. 

3 hours ago, lakecounty1968 said:

I was told by the Lake County staff that LC and TC are scrimmaging one other in Clarksville on August 6. I surely hope so. That is a bigtime scrimmage between two great programs.

not for sure if this is true but would say probably is, we scrimmaged a couple years back when you guys won it all.