Blackman announces new coaches

CougarDadx2

On 5/22/2021 at 10:56 PM, Southtowner said:

RIP LOD.  My prayers and condolences to his family and friends.  

I've read many of his posts on here thru the years and my take on LOD  is he was a straight shooter.  Loved his Riverdale.  

Sad news indeed.   I'm surprised a new thread wasn't created to share this.   Very unfortunate for the Riverdale community.   He was by far their biggest supporter on here.   RIP brother.  

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

That was last spring - he came back to TN. He was on the sideline Friday night.

I got a little confirmation saying the same thing... Interesting pick. Thought he was a good coach at MTCS curious how that will translate at this level..... Bigger question is as much misdirection and razzle dazzle as I saw on Friday, are  they going get someone working with the receivers on catching a ball.... way too many dropped catchable passes... 

• 2 weeks later...

Listen folks, I just had a great conversation with CCT yesterday at my best friends wedding.  I think what some of you old timers are maybe taken aback by his young age, but I assure you he is very much experienced in what it will take to keep the Blaze a top contender.  It’s not gonna happen overnight, but I know he will give it 1000% to try!  He has ideas that will blow your mind.  The keys to his success are finding the best 40 players that can sub in at any time at multiple positions if needed yet not miss a beat, also finding the right assistant coaches which from what he said he believes he now has that (at least 95% and Mathers plays a HUGE role) with maybe 1-2 more to go, and he is a firm believer that the backing by the community will help the Blaze find continued success in the win column but more importantly in developing young men.  Give him a chance and believe in what he is doing.  

• Like 1

On 6/5/2021 at 11:55 PM, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

Listen folks, I just had a great conversation with CCT yesterday at my best friends wedding.  I think what some of you old timers are maybe taken aback by his young age, but I assure you he is very much experienced in what it will take to keep the Blaze a top contender.  It’s not gonna happen overnight, but I know he will give it 1000% to try!  He has ideas that will blow your mind.  The keys to his success are finding the best 40 players that can sub in at any time at multiple positions if needed yet not miss a beat, also finding the right assistant coaches which from what he said he believes he now has that (at least 95% and Mathers plays a HUGE role) with maybe 1-2 more to go, and he is a firm believer that the backing by the community will help the Blaze find continued success in the win column but more importantly in developing young men.  Give him a chance and believe in what he is doing.  

I think that Blackman supporters will give him more than a chance.  As for those who root for other programs in the county (Riverdale), we look forward competing against him.