Oneida Football

Spike016

7 hours ago, ChineseFlu said:

Murphy Fair has got you guys picked to win that region.  I just saw a copy yesterday.  

I can see it. We just gotta keep our heads on straight. This Oneida team is big and physical and with a little more of a modern offense. I will not be surprised at all. 

Edited by Spike016

6 minutes ago, Spike016 said:

I can see it. We just gotta keep our heads on straight. This Oneida team is big and physical and with a little more of a modern offense. I will not be surprised at all. 

We better fix a thing or two or it’ll be a very similar season to last year. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 2:22 PM, Spike016 said:

Howdy partner! What’s Williamsburg got this year??

Most of the pieces from a state semifinalist are back.  Sydney Bowen is going to be one of the best quarterbacks in Kentucky Class A and is a run/pass threat.  Whether we make another run is going to be determined by the guys in the trenches.  Way more interesting opening test this year than the traditional Jellico game!

34 minutes ago, DodgerKY said:

Most of the pieces from a state semifinalist are back.  Sydney Bowen is going to be one of the best quarterbacks in Kentucky Class A and is a run/pass threat.  Whether we make another run is going to be determined by the guys in the trenches.  Way more interesting opening test this year than the traditional Jellico game!

I believe we’re 1-1 on this series going back as far as I remember. I know we played a 2 game series in the 2007-2008ish area and I believe we split. I’m sure there’s more meetings than those I just don’t remember them. 

Pretty sure there was a good sized fight in the 1984 game, so that's why the schools didn't play for a long time.  That 2012 game was a dandy.  We got up two scores and y'all hit a long field goal right before halftime to go up 17-14.  Had a pass in the end zone that would've won the game on the final play and it was broken up.  Definitely the kind of game that made both teams better in November and December.  That's why I hope this series will be a little more consistent.  

16 minutes ago, DodgerKY said:

Pretty sure there was a good sized fight in the 1984 game, so that's why the schools didn't play for a long time.  That 2012 game was a dandy.  We got up two scores and y'all hit a long field goal right before halftime to go up 17-14.  Had a pass in the end zone that would've won the game on the final play and it was broken up.  Definitely the kind of game that made both teams better in November and December.  That's why I hope this series will be a little more consistent.  

I can promise you that we will be a little tougher than Jellico :roflolk: If we show up and play it will be a 4 qtr ball game. You’re gonna get a tough nosed team that is stout on D. The offense is a work in progress and will get better but becoming a more traditional offense is gonna help this team. I plan on leaving right after work and headin up that way. If you’re gonna be around I’ll be glad to meet up and talk ball. Another thing does anyone know why they have a 5:30 start time?  

1 minute ago, Spike016 said:

I can promise you that we will be a little tougher than Jellico :roflolk: If we show up and play it will be a 4 qtr ball game. You’re gonna get a tough nosed team that is stout on D. The offense is a work in progress and will get better but becoming a more traditional offense is gonna help this team. I plan on leaving right after work and headin up that way. If you’re gonna be around I’ll be glad to meet up and talk ball. Another thing does anyone know why they have a 5:30 start time?  

Time change?