Oneida Football

Spike016

On 8/12/2021 at 1:35 PM, Spike016 said:

Oneida will play Harriman tomorrow night at Kingston at the their yearly jamboree. 

Let us know how things are at this point for them. Do/did they a shot at Kingston or just Harriman?

Harriman didn't do well at all in 2020(2 wins, 2 Cov losses) so unless their much improved this may be a quick 1s&2s mix then the 2s warm up scrimmage unless there are more teams involved.

22 minutes ago, TheOgre78 said:

Let us know how things are at this point for them. Do/did they a shot at Kingston or just Harriman?

Harriman didn't do well at all in 2020(2 wins, 2 Cov losses) so unless their much improved this may be a quick 1s&2s mix then the 2s warm up scrimmage unless there are more teams involved.

Oneida plays the 1st qtr against Harriman and a couple more teams will finish out the night. I didn’t make the trip for 1 qtr. I’ll try and find out how things go 

On 8/14/2021 at 2:27 PM, Spike016 said:

That was my thoughts but they had 8 teams and each team got a qtr. 

how’d both teams looks? Living in Nashville it just wasn’t worth the drive to watch a quarter, especially with coming up this week to watch us play Kingston. I know I was told we purposely sat a couple of guys as a precaution to have them fully healed and ready for Friday. I’m positive though Boyd our QB was out there though. I’m anxious to see his progression from last year to this year as he’s a really talented kid. Hopefully the talent around him can help him this year. 

1 hour ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

how’d both teams looks? Living in Nashville it just wasn’t worth the drive to watch a quarter, especially with coming up this week to watch us play Kingston. I know I was told we purposely sat a couple of guys as a precaution to have them fully healed and ready for Friday. I’m positive though Boyd our QB was out there though. I’m anxious to see his progression from last year to this year as he’s a really talented kid. Hopefully the talent around him can help him this year. 

Is Boyd the son or relation to the RB that played with Copeland back in the day?

I remember the Oneida vs Harriman games(regular season and Playoff game, it was cold!) plus the one at Scott that year, Copeland took the opening kickoff all the way and right as he caught the ball looked at Boyd I believe and he said "Come on baby, let's go!" lol and off they went. Man that was good years of High School football. That's the year Scott lost to Fulton in the 2nd round 14-7 with the big freshman Hembree at RB whose cousin that moved to Nashville went on to play FB at Bama.

2 hours ago, SportsnetWriter2 said:

I didn’t make the trip for 1 qtr. So I can’t give you an honest opinion on how each team looked. I know Oneida had a few out but should be ready to go Friday night. 

On 8/16/2021 at 12:15 PM, TheOgre78 said:

Is Boyd the son or relation to the RB that played with Copeland back in the day?

I remember the Oneida vs Harriman games(regular season and Playoff game, it was cold!) plus the one at Scott that year, Copeland took the opening kickoff all the way and right as he caught the ball looked at Boyd I believe and he said "Come on baby, let's go!" lol and off they went. Man that was good years of High School football. That's the year Scott lost to Fulton in the 2nd round 14-7 with the big freshman Hembree at RB whose cousin that moved to Nashville went on to play FB at Bama.

You’re correct! That is his son that’s playing Quarterback for us! I was young at that point but I agree it was great football!

• Upvote 1

On 8/16/2021 at 1:15 PM, TheOgre78 said:

I watched Oneida beat Harriman that year at Harriman.  Oneida pretty much kept Copeland in check but in the playoffs it was a different story.  Oneida had a good team that year as did Harriman if I'm talking about the same year. It was the Harriman went to State.

Edited by rtl112