District 5-AA 2021-22

repoman

York/Westmoreland for the region title will be a huge game. I don’t think either team has much trouble getting there. The winner of that region can book rooms in Murfreesboro, but the loser of that game probably plays sectional at East Nashville - not an easy place to play. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/11/2021 at 7:14 AM, repoman said:

1.York

2.Sequatchie

3.Bledsoe

4.Jackson County

5.Monterey

York has a cake walk to regional finals (sub state)with a match up with Westmoreland in region finals to determine host or road sub state. York can win the Gold ball.

What makes you think York can win the “Gold Ball”? I know they’ve been talented in the past but could never get pass Upperman/Macon 

14 hours ago, ballinup90 said:

What makes you think York can win the “Gold Ball”? I know they’ve been talented in the past but could never get pass Upperman/Macon 

With realignment will cruise to regional finals will beat Westmoreland ,host sub state,win it and will be in position at glass house. If the freshman pg is as good as advertised with the strength coming back , I feel good bout my prediction. 

On 6/28/2021 at 2:25 PM, repoman said:

With realignment will cruise to regional finals will beat Westmoreland ,host sub state,win it and will be in position at glass house. If the freshman pg is as good as advertised with the strength coming back , I feel good bout my prediction. 

Makes sense! Cant wait to follow them this season! 

• 2 months later...
On 6/11/2021 at 8:14 AM, repoman said:

1.York

2.Sequatchie

3.Bledsoe

4.Jackson County

5.Monterey

York has a cake walk to regional finals (sub state)with a match up with Westmoreland in region finals to determine host or road sub state. York can win the Gold ball.

If Seq is 2nd this District is really down. Our JV beat their. Varsity handily. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/15/2021 at 11:45 AM, logcabinman said:

If Seq is 2nd this District is really down. Our JV beat their. Varsity handily. 

If you’re talking about a camp, depending on which date you likely saw a virtual JV as far as high school experience. They’ll be better in the season. Still recovering from six that played at the middle school ending up at different spots for high school, all but 1 were middle school starters, for a variety of reasons but it’s improving. This year should be the first in a while all the 8th graders from the previous year are playing as 9th graders. (6 I believe). It makes a difference.

19 hours ago, Indian said:

If you’re talking about a camp, depending on which date you likely saw a virtual JV as far as high school experience. They’ll be better in the season. Still recovering from six that played at the middle school ending up at different spots for high school, all but 1 were middle school starters, for a variety of reasons but it’s improving. This year should be the first in a while all the 8th graders from the previous year are playing as 9th graders. (6 I believe). It makes a difference.

Good for you guys, we consistently have 9th graders in the mix. My point was not to slam your program at all.  Good luck to your team!!

• Upvote 1

It has been frustrating, the 8th grade team has won six conference titles in a row and in some years was competitive against Cleveland area and Cookeville area teams, but the rosters dropped off drastically into high school, some moving on, some focusing on another sport. The new coach is in his second year after moving up from the middle school so I expect more roster consistency. They played well vs York in the region even with a main senior out with quarantine and were doing well overall after missing a month in-season, a complete shutdown. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2021 at 2:55 PM, Indian said:

It was at TWU camp this summer. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2021 at 2:25 PM, repoman said:

That point guard (Beaty) was just named the Tennessean's girl athlete of the week.  

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/high-school/2021/12/06/tssaa-girls-basketball-vote-nashville-area-girls-athlete-week/8883865002/