Jamborees in West Tennessee -2021

CHARGERFAN

We are nearing the start of high school football. August is the traditional time for Jamborees. If you know details on any West Tennessee Jamborees, please share them here. I would like to know dates, locations, and the slate of teams playing.

It’s time to start the discussion.

2 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

We are nearing the start of high school football. August is the traditional time for Jamborees. If you know details on any West Tennessee Jamborees, please share them here. I would like to know dates, locations, and the slate of teams playing.

It’s time to start the discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/events/dyersburg-high-school/2021-star-physical-therapywest-tn-bone-joint-high-school-football-jamboree/2893924444183774/

High School Football is BACK! The 2021 STAR Physical Therapy/West TN Bone & Joint High School Football Jamboree features four great contests:

Dyer County vs USJ
South Fulton vs Covington
Obion County vs Munford
Dyersburg vs Crockett County

The event kicks off at 6:00 p.m. on August 13th at historic J.C. Sawyers Stadium on the campus of Dyersburg High School!

Thank you to Ross Maldonado, Dr. Jason Hutchison and everyone at STAR Physical Therapy and West TN Bone and Joint for serving as Title Sponsors for the 2021 High School Football Jamboree!

Other than the jamboree in Dyersburg and perhaps the one in Paris, I don't think there will be much jamborees going on this year. I think we're starting to see the trend where two teams will match up against each and play their Freshman and Middle school teams (example: Peabody vs South Gibson, and Camden vs Bruceton).

1 hour ago, LinemanRC said:

I haven’t heard anything other than unsubstantiated rumor, but I think Union City may travel to the Milan Jamboree again to play the Bulldogs.

This is true. I will have to get the date but I assume it’s the Friday before week 1. Although it is not a traditional jamboree. Only UC and Milan will participate. 

• Like 1

Just now, CHARGERFAN said:

Thanks for the info. Stacmot, that Dyersburg Jamboree has been going on for quite a while. Some of the teams change from year to year, but apart from the Pandemic year, it is a regularly occurring event.

Haywood usually plays in the Dyersburg jamboree, but not this year.  I'm not sure what kind of preseason scrimmages Haywood has planned.

9 hours ago, Tomcatfan2011 said:

Haywood is playing Henry county in the jamboree 

Is that the Dyersburg Jamboree or a different one? I’m just thinking that 5 matchups in the same event will make for a long evening. But, for those of us who are starved for some football, that could be a good thing?

1 hour ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Is that the Dyersburg Jamboree or a different one? I’m just thinking that 5 matchups in the same event will make for a long evening. But, for those of us who are starved for some football, that could be a good thing?

I could be wrong, but I don't think it will be a part of the Dyersburg Jamboree.  However, I don't know the specifics.  Tomcatfan2011 or reddyrebel6 can probably give us all of the details.

I do know that Henry Co. has hosted the McDonald's Football Challenge (Jamboree) in years past, but I don't know about this year.  I'm not sure Henry County's new turf field is ready to go.

It might just be one of those preseason scrimmages that people are calling jamborees.

Edited by stacmot