Wk 1 York and Bledsoe

option76

York was driving late....Down 20-14.... inside the 30 and fumbled for a scoop and score. ALL the momentum was with York until that play

Bledsoe had the ball almost the entire first half... initial drive took 8.40 off the clock. Adjustments at the half by York held Bledsoe to 31 yards of offense in the 2nd half...

Both teams were sloppy and will be better as the season progresses,

IMHO, Bledsoe showed why they've gotten the preseason hype..... but York also showed they can play with the best

1 hour ago, option76 said:

York took the second half kick off and scored.  Defensive line come alive second half.  Caused a fumble Bledsoe’s first play from scrimmage second half and took it drove and scored.  Stopped Bledsoe next possession on downs and was driving to score and Bledsoe had a scoop and score.  York scored again with 10.2 seconds left. 

1 hour ago, UCPrepShowcase said:

York was driving late....Down 20-14.... inside the 30 and fumbled for a scoop and score. ALL the momentum was with York until that play

Bledsoe had the ball almost the entire first half... initial drive took 8.40 off the clock. Adjustments at the half by York held Bledsoe to 31 yards of offense in the 2nd half...

Both teams were sloppy and will be better as the season progresses,

IMHO, Bledsoe showed why they've gotten the preseason hype..... but York also showed they can play with the best

Sounds like York caught fire. Y’all know I’ve been saying watch York since January. That said I’m not sure I’d classify Bledsoe as part of the best just yet. Make no mistake I expect York to probably win region 2. We might challenge for that but I’m not sure we can yet. I even expect York to give Hampton a real battle for the quad but I fully expect the East representation to come from quad 2 this year, very likely region 3 but that’s certainly not a certainty in my mind. Quad 1 has some very good teams in it but I do believe quad 2 has better especially in regards to potent offenses.  Don’t take that wrong, I’m in no way knocking York, Hampton, south greenE or several others. I’d much rather see region 2 or even quad 1 in Chattanooga. Just my thoughts is all. 

Edited by crow

On 8/20/2021 at 9:52 PM, bobcatfan300 said:

I've gone to high school football games for decades. The Bledsoe fans are the worst sports I've ever seen. 

Well as a Seq co fan I will agree with that statement! Bledsoe is the crying bunch of people you will find.  Shoot their selves in the foot political and then cry about it when they lose. 

3 hours ago, crow said:

Sounds like York caught fire. Y’all know I’ve been saying watch York since January. That said I’m not sure I’d classify Bledsoe as part of the best just yet. Make no mistake I expect York to probably win region 2. We might challenge for that but I’m not sure we can yet. I even expect York to give Hampton a real battle for the quad but I fully expect the East representation to come from quad 2 this year, very likely region 3 but that’s certainly not a certainty in my mind. Quad 1 has some very good teams in it but I do believe quad 2 has better especially in regards to potent offenses.  Don’t take that wrong, I’m in no way knocking York, Hampton, south greenE or several others. I’d much rather see region 2 or even quad 1 in Chattanooga. Just my thoughts is all. 

I did hear things got chippy in the game at York. Heard both sides had some kids injured. Any word how the kids are?

15 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

I did hear things got chippy in the game at York. Heard both sides had some kids injured. Any word how the kids are?

Haven’t heard anything at all. I’m an Oneida guy, just close proximity to YAI so get a little news from there now and then. Hope all injuries are minor. 

3 minutes ago, Sequatchie33 said:

Did York have injured players? I heard Bledsoe had 3-4. Don’t know who or what? 

There was one from York that hobbled off the field on his own was back on the field later. He was noticeably limping and moving slower   

Edited by YAIDAD