Preseason Scrimmages

On 7/29/2021 at 4:50 PM, Blaze45 said:

Not exactly. But he does do some odd formations and uses analytics that determine down distance and probabilities . He may go for it 50% or more . Depending on how good the kicker is they may punt. Its pretty sharp way of doing it, if the players execute properly. Kinda like playing the odds in Vegas 

The young corners are going to get cooked this season. Gotta get out of that quick sand

54 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

The young corners are going to get cooked this season. Gotta get out of that quick sand

Same trap... short fast guy plays taller faster guy... we have done that for years...I had hoped that would change. Plus the receivers have skillets for hands... Hoping they get the kinks out soon.

8 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Same trap... short fast guy plays taller faster guy... we have done that for years...I had hoped that would change. Plus the receivers have skillets for hands... Hoping they get the kinks out soon.

Yep I seen some good pressure every now and then with getting in the backfield but the effort eased up on tackles. These kids be having the mindset focused on Oakland and pout when rebuilding. You gotta work harder

3 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

MJ is looking solid. Two juniors with power 5 offers already. We have our QB back that was suspended from the team last season. Plenty of young talent, and more size than I’ve seen in several years.

They scrimmaged Hville last night. 1’s against 1’s was even with defenses dominating. One of our coaches remarked to me via text that they will dominate 5-A. Throneberry at QB makes a huge difference. They scrimmage Beech in 2 weeks.  Should be another good test. 

6 hours ago, mondo44 said:

They scrimmaged Hville last night. 1’s against 1’s was even with defenses dominating. One of our coaches remarked to me via text that they will dominate 5-A. Throneberry at QB makes a huge difference. They scrimmage Beech in 2 weeks.  Should be another good test. 

Interesting to hear. I knew 5a could only help us but for us to go and compete with a fringe top 10 6a team, scrimmage or not, has me excited to say the least. 

8 hours ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Interesting to hear. I knew 5a could only help us but for us to go and compete with a fringe top 10 6a team, scrimmage or not, has me excited to say the least. 

Looking forward to that first game.   Should be a great atmosphere between these two teams.