Preseason Scrimmages

2 hours ago, Birdmanj02 said:

@GWAVE1 I haven’t made it to any scrimmages this year but my nephew plays and he thinks they will be pretty good this year. What’s your overall take on the team? 

If they can limit mistakes and turnovers on offense, then they should be able to move the ball on the ground pretty well.  They have a strong power running game.  I haven’t seen that long break away run yet but other teams are gonna have a tough time stopping them repeatedly. They need to work on the passing game but I am not there at every practice so I do not know what is going on.   Kicking game is strong.  Defense looks really good.  Quick off the ball and not much yardage after the catch if it’s caught.  Linebackers are really fast.   I think everyone will be surprised at the difference between last year and this year.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/2/2021 at 3:19 PM, mondo44 said:

Add Pearl Cohn on Tuesday the 10th and the Macon County Jamboree on Friday the 13th

Not for sure where you are getting your facts from, Hendersonville Freshman lost terribly against Blackman. Like 7 touchdowns to their 1. Two touchdowns were called back.. so 5 to 1 and the Blackman Freshman barely played their starters. Pretty sure Pearl will run straight through them too if not have already.

1 hour ago, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

MJ strutted down the field to score quick. Special teams error leads to a 6-0 lead, Beech then took over to go up 14-6… followed by MJ easily strutting down the field again to attempt to tie the game. Two point convo was no good. 

Sounds like both teams are gearing up for a good year.  

Gallatin got some good work in with a much improved Portland squad.  Panthers have some players this year.   I would not be surprised to see them get a playoff spot this year.  Gallatin’s defense continues to impress.  They have up some yardage but kept Portland from the end zone.  Offensively, Gallatin needs to maintain drives and stay out of the 3rd and long situations.   True test comes this week.

11 hours ago, GWAVE1 said:

Gallatin got some good work in with a much improved Portland squad.  Panthers have some players this year.   I would not be surprised to see them get a playoff spot this year.  Gallatin’s defense continues to impress.  They have up some yardage but kept Portland from the end zone.  Offensively, Gallatin needs to maintain drives and stay out of the 3rd and long situations.   True test comes this week.

I am now a MJ fan. Looking forward to next Friday night.