McKenzie vs Huntingdon

VOLnWTN

1 hour ago, MustangGuru said:

Opening week is finally here! 
Huntingdon’s defense looked really sharp and FAST in the jamboree. Offense not so impressive but we only ran 5 different plays so can’t really judge that just yet.

We will learn a lot about both teams this week. Right now I give the advantage to McKenzie but I think this is going to be a war.. 

which QB will separate themselves from the other, Pearson ( sophomore) or Eubanks (freshman ).. 

can huntingdon improve the special teams This year or do we put them in the 40 every possession like last year?? We will find out Friday night! 

pressing for safety and health this week!

Five plays,that’s two more than they will run during regular season. 

On 8/15/2021 at 10:49 AM, VOLnWTN said:

Nope.  Their line was decent size but I didn’t think very agile.  We got pressure on him a lot.  I will say #12 is his go to receiver. If he needs to make a play, he is going there first. And they had pretty good fullback that was quick and hard to bring down. 

Based off your evaluation, it seems like Westview is the same team as of last year. Sucks because Simpson will go down as one of the most under- appreciated quarterbacks in West TN history.

15 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Based off your evaluation, it seems like Westview is the same team as of last year. Sucks because Simpson will go down as one of the most under- appreciated quarterbacks in West TN history.

Westview is an interesting team.  You can tell they have athletes to compliment Simpson.  You just get that feeling watching them there is something missing to make them elite in our area. Maybe it was the defense. We moved the ball well and Cassidy (QB) was able to extend plays.  They are that team that comes out of no where and marches to Chattanooga. 

Edited by VOLnWTN

In the 7 vs 7 when these two teams played it was pretty one sided by the rebels.  Don’t know much about the rebels line but the skill players are really good.  The rebels are favored to win this one Friday by most.  A few weeks ago I may have said rebels by 3 scores but I think it will be closer than that after seeing mustangs in the scrimmages and jamboree.  The line play of the mustangs seems to be a strength of this team.  Mustangs will have to control the clock if they are going to pull it out.  Hopefully it will be close in the 4th.

I agree, like I said in as previous post, the Rebels should be the favorite. We won't be able to match their speed at the skill positions, but our line is big and physical. Our problem last year was coughing up the football and giving the Rebels great field position early in the game and that we dug ourselves in a hole. If we hold on to the ball, play physical at the line of scrimmage (which I fully expect us to do), and catch a couple breaks in the secondary, I think we could surprise some folks and win this game. 

3 hours ago, MustangGuru said:

I’m feeling a little more confident in The Mustangs chances tonight .. call me crazy but I’m thinking this could be a 14-7 type of game.

I would be surprised if either team holds the other to only 14 points.  I see more like 28-21 game, maybe more.