Region 2 6a 2nd place

On 10/24/2021 at 3:45 PM, BigTime1950 said:

Look at the coaching turnover from when HVA had some good seasons. I am not talking state championship caliber teams but teams that were competitive and went to the playoffs and had winning seasons. They knew how to run the football and play defense. They can't do either now. HC, former DC, OC, and many assistant coaches are gone from those teams and are on other coaching staffs now. It is hard to replace experienced coaches that have coached on competitive teams with young coaches that haven't had a big role on competitive successful teams. Just because you were a great or good player doesn't always transfer into being a great or good coach.

The current OC at Hardin Valley was the QB coach at Farragut when they won a state title. He’s an excellent QB coach. I don’t think he’s inexperienced at all as far as coaching though he was new to the OC role. The DB coach at HVA was also part of Farragut’s state title team as a WR coach and HVA’s head coach was their DC when HVA was having the successful seasons. So I don’t think that they have a group of complete novices over there.