CLINTON @ WILLIAM BLOUNT Aug 20th

92Dragon

6 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

Yeah, instead of stopping somewhere, I'll probably just roll the dice on the ole concession stand. It's been a long time since I've been to William Blount myself. 

The one thing I always enjoyed when going to a ballgame at William Blount was that they cooked hamburgers right inside the gate as you walked up, not sure if they still do or not but if so it would be a very good roll of the dice.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Just curious about coach McCamey since your from Clinton what ever happened to him . Did he step away from the game totally after Clinton or is he helping somewhere else.

As far as I know he has stepped away from the game. I haven't heard anything about him being on a coaching staff anywhere else. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he gets hired somewhere in the near future. Id say he's taking time off and spending it with his family.

I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do. I always liked McKamey. 

11 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

As far as I know he has stepped away from the game. I haven't heard anything about him being on a coaching staff anywhere else. 

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he gets hired somewhere in the near future. Id say he's taking time off and spending it with his family.

I wish him the best in whatever he chooses to do. I always liked McKamey. 

Thanks for the update.

I'm excited for this game. I'm not hyped for the jamboree at all. The format they are doing has been lame for years. They are about as worthless as t*ts on a boar hog and they want to charge $8.00 for one quarter of the same teams not showing anything.

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

19 minutes ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

I'm excited for this game. I'm not hyped for the jamboree at all. The format they are doing has been lame for years. They are about as worthless as t*ts on a boar hog and they want to charge $8.00 for one quarter of the same teams not showing anything.

I'm excited for this game too!  Clinton is in a jamboree at Carson Newman Thursday and I could care less. 

No one is really giving Clinton a chance in this game and that's the way I like it and I'm sure the coaches and players like it that way too. I like being the underdog. 

Should be an entertaining game none the less and I'm ready to get this season underway. 

2 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

I'm excited for this game too!  Clinton is in a jamboree at Carson Newman Thursday and I could care less. 

No one is really giving Clinton a chance in this game and that's the way I like it and I'm sure the coaches and players like it that way too. I like being the underdog. 

Should be an entertaining game none the less and I'm ready to get this season underway. 

Oh believe me... I have no illusions that this is a sure win for WB. You need to understand that most of the very lofty predictions come from Maryville, Greenback, and Alcoa fans who set them that high so they can laugh at and/or criticize us when we don't meet them. We haven't won more than 4 games in over a decade, so I find it funny that people act like 6 or 7 wins is a foregone conclusion even with the supposedly easy schedule that they criticize.

Is the schedule favorable? Yes. It's the most favorable schedule I have seen since I have followed WB football. WB is capable of beating a lot of teams on the schedule, but those teams are also very capable of beating us too. Most games will be a coin flip for us which will be fun.

This could be a really nice year if we can leave old bad habits behind, but the turnovers in the Bearden scrimmage are cause for concern. Turning the ball over 4 times will get you beat in most games.

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

On 8/11/2021 at 5:06 AM, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

Oh believe me... I have no illusions that this is a sure win for WB. You need to understand that most of the very lofty predictions come from Maryville, Greenback, and Alcoa fans who set them that high so they can laugh at and/or criticize us when we don't meet them. We haven't won more than 4 games in over a decade, so I find it funny that people act like 6 or 7 wins is a foregone conclusion even with the supposedly easy schedule that they criticize.

grumpy-grudge.gif

Clinton beat Jellico 21-7 and Grace 14-0 in the 5SP Jamboree at Carson Newman last night. I know Jellico isn't the best competition and I've heard Grace lost a lot, but it's still a good start for the normally lowly Dragons. We'll take what we can get.

#3 and #68 took home some honors and recognition on top of having big days. #8 also had a good day.