CLINTON @ WILLIAM BLOUNT Aug 20th

92Dragon

1 hour ago, Shadroach said:

Stiff upper lip my good man. The enemy is at the gates but fear not Shadpoleon has them right where he wants them. While Clinton makes adjustments at half Shadpoleon as he has for five years out thinks the enemy by unexpectedly making zero adjustments. It is the strategy of running your face into your opponents fist until he succumbs and surrenders.

Do tell where is CrossStateTraveler? I value his opinion and desire his input on tonights shocking lack of offense.

Shadroach,

I have defended these coaches and this program in the past, but I can't defend what I saw tonight. When I left Clinton was up 19-0 and we had just gone 3 and out. This was late in the 2nd quarter and our coach was still sitting on all three timeouts. How do you justify that???? As a coach, you should call a timeout when your team is playing completely flat and uninspired football. It's hard to believe this coach cares and is doing everything to win when I see BS like that.

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Tonight was disappointing on so many levels. I kept hearing about how we upgraded our staff, especially on defense. Our defense played flat out awful tonight. We couldn't stop an old car on cinder blocks. And as bad as the D was, the O was just as bad. I don't see any path to a decent season now. This is right up there with the loss to Lenoir City to open the 2017 season. We went 1-9 that season. That will most likely be our record this year unless a lot of things get fixed really fast.

5 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

No one gave Clinton a chance to win except for me and maybe 1 or 2 other posters on here.  

Go Dragons!

There was a good article about Clinton in the Oak Ridger the other day. I read it earlier. Honestly, that Coach sounds like he knows what he’s doing. Said last season was pretty humbling for him, cause he said he expected to come in and just all the sudden turn things around, which obviously didn’t happen. Said it was the first losing team he had ever been involved with. Sounds like the mighty ones might have found ‘em a good’un. Bet ole Fred Fagan pitched himself a tent this evening after seeing the mighty ones in action.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Like 1