CLINTON @ WILLIAM BLOUNT Aug 20th

92Dragon

4 hours ago, SweetScience said:

There was a good article about Clinton in the Oak Ridger the other day. I read it earlier. Honestly, that Coach sounds like he knows what he’s doing. Said last season was pretty humbling for him, cause he said he expected to come in and just all the sudden turn things around, which obviously didn’t happen. Said it was the first losing team he had ever been involved with. Sounds like the mighty ones might have found ‘em a good’un. Bet ole Fred Fagan pitched himself a tent this evening after seeing the mighty ones in action.

Yes SS! Coach Keith seems to know exactly what he's doing. Clinton hasn't had a coach like this since Gaylor. It's not just about X's and O's or Jimmy & Joes....it's the toughness, mindset, and attitude he has instilled in these young men. 

Keith's military background and him running his football practice like boot camp have made this team mentally and physically tough.

Clinton has had some very good players over the last 10-20 years, but didn't have the right coaches in place to get their best out of them. 

It's still early and we still have alot of work to do, but if this team stays healthy.....I believe they can make some noise this year in our region.

18 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

Yes SS! Coach Keith seems to know exactly what he's doing. Clinton hasn't had a coach like this since Gaylor. It's not just about X's and O's or Jimmy & Joes....it's the toughness, mindset, and attitude he has instilled in these young men. 

Keith's military background and him running his football practice like boot camp have made this team mentally and physically tough.

Clinton has had some very good players over the last 10-20 years, but didn't have the right coaches in place to get their best out of them. 

It's still early and we still have alot of work to do, but if this team stays healthy.....I believe they can make some noise this year in our region.

Well, I’m happy for you. You’re a tried and true fan that has stuck it out through a lot of pretty bad seasons, so if anybody deserves to see the Dragons do good again, it’s definitely you. I respect that, rivals or not. 

• Like 1

I had picked Clinton because I had heard better things about them out of fall scrimmages but also I knew they have a really good head coach and it would be a matter of time before Clinton would start to show improvement. I actually see good things in the future for Clinton so last night wasn't a surprise. WB did come back in the second half and make a total catastrophe into a respectable loss before everyone there goes and jumps off a bridge this weekend.

5 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I had picked Clinton because I had heard better things about them out of fall scrimmages but also I knew they have a really good head coach and it would be a matter of time before Clinton would start to show improvement. I actually see good things in the future for Clinton so last night wasn't a surprise. WB did come back in the second half and make a total catastrophe into a respectable loss before everyone there goes and jumps off a bridge this weekend.

This is just one game. Both teams still have plenty to work on to get better. No need for Clinton to make reservations in Chattanooga just yet and no need for William Blount to give up and throw in the towel. 

It's a long season and alot can happen.

Good luck to William Blount next week against Karns!! Go over there and play the entire game like you did the 2nd half against Clinton and you should come out with a big win!! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Barney,

You had to be there to see it. The Govs came out sleepwalking in the first half and looked like empty uniforms. I put that on the coaches. If you're a football player, how do you not get excited about your first game???? There's something bad wrong with that picture. The play calling sucked too and our coach was still sitting on all three of his timeouts late in the second quarter when the game was already over. There's no glossing over those details. Last night was a really bad look for this program and coaching staff.

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

4 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

This is just one game. Both teams still have plenty to work on to get better. No need for Clinton to make reservations in Chattanooga just yet and no need for William Blount to give up and throw in the towel. 

It's a long season and alot can happen.

Good luck to William Blount next week against Karns!! Go over there and play the entire game like you did the 2nd half against Clinton and you should come out with a big win!! 

No. There's no bouncing back from that. This team will beat Heritage. That's the ceiling now. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost that game too. I don't care either way. I'm definitely not coming to any more games this season. I have had it with this loser program and loser school. Nobody cares about winning down there. Nobody has any pride and it's making me sick to my stomach. 

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick
  • Upvote 1

My takeaways from Blount:

1. The season is not over. No reason to pack it in. You can’t freak out over 1 game. There are still very winnable games on this schedule. They will probably lose to Karns next week by 2 scores or so but they can still easily get 5 or 6 wins with this schedule as long as they don’t quit. 

2. I was extremely disappointed with the coaching last night. Like GWoA said, how you sit on 3 timeouts when your team has no energy or resistance up front is beyond me. 

3. Offense is going to be fine, we were just simply not ready to play in the first half last night. Scored 23 in the 2nd half once we started playing on offense like we should’ve been playing the whole time. We have good receivers that can make plays. 

4. Shad’s teams simply do not come out fired up at times. Ex: Cleveland 2020, Clinton 2021, Ooltewah 2019, Elizabethton 2020, etc. I can go on…

11 minutes ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

No. There's no bouncing back from that. This team will beat Heritage. That's the ceiling now. And honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if they lost that game too. I don't care either way. I'm definitely not coming to any more games this season. I have had it with this loser program and loser school. Nobody cares about winning down there. Nobody has any pride and it's making me sick to my stomach. 

I was fed up with Clinton when Kerr was their head coach. He really ran our program into the ground. Once kids get used to losing, they expect to lose all the time.

Our new coaching staff has done an excellent job at changing the mindset of our players. 

It sounds like William Blount definitely needs a coaching change, and not hire just the first one that comes along. Look for someone with no ties to the program.....sometimes an outsider is just what the doctor ordered.

I wish you guys the best of luck and honestly hope you can turn things around.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, 92Dragon said:

I was fed up with Clinton when Kerr was their head coach. He really ran our program into the ground. Once kids get used to losing, they expect to lose all the time.

Our new coaching staff has done an excellent job at changing the mindset of our players. 

It sounds like William Blount definitely needs a coaching change, and not hire just the first one that comes along. Look for someone with no ties to the program.....sometimes an outsider is just what the doctor ordered.

I wish you guys the best of luck and honestly hope you can turn things around.

That won't happen because WB has never fired a coach for losing. We have admins who openly excuse our lack of success by bringing up the fact that Maryville, Alcoa, and Greenback poach our players. They focus on that so much that they don't notice that our coaches fail to teach our players how to block and tackle and how to play with an edge. They also don't seem to notice that our play calling does not put our offense in a position to succeed. Like I said, nobody cares down there.  It's perfectly acceptable to put that kind of team on the field at WB.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1