Anderson County vs The BIG BOY and Powell! A top 5 Game in the State!

noonesfool

Well, this is the true Powell v Anderson County thread. Maryville, Alcoa Fans have hijacked the 5A-6A thread. AC hasn’t been mentioned in 3 pages.

OK, here  is how AC wins. Are you with me? The BIG backs. AC runs to be able to pass. The Powell defensive line is handled by the AC O-line. Powell LBackers will have to truly focus on the  run and will not be able to cheat to the flats or get as quick as drop over the middle. It will be a hay day for the AC QB and receiver corps. They can thank the backs and O line after the game.

Edited by noonesfool

4 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Well, this is the true Powell v Anderson County thread. Maryville, Alcoa Fans have hijacked the 5A-6A thread. AC hasn’t been mentioned in 3 pages.

OK, here  is how AC wins. Are you with me? The BIG backs. AC runs to be able to pass. The Powell defensive line is handled by the AC O-line. Powell LBackers will have to truly focus on the  run and will not be able to cheat to the flats or get as quick as drop over the middle. It will be a hay day for the AC QB and receiver corps. They can thank the backs and O line after the game.

That's pretty much the plan. Throw in a few mistakes from Powell and AC takes it 42-28. AC is really quite no talk just business. Get the job done and do a good job 4 quarters of play. All kidding aside I hope our depth comes in well. That has been the big issue against Powell for sometime.

3 hours ago, noonesfool said:

It's a good game plan, but I (understand, I don't have a dog in the hunt) saw a down lineman for Powell Friday night that will have to be double and possibly triple teamed to be kept out of the backfield. He's what he has been billed as. If this happens the Powell LB's will be free to roam. Its going to be a great game.

28 minutes ago, dawgs82 said:

It's a good game plan, but I (understand, I don't have a dog in the hunt) saw a down lineman for Powell Friday night that will have to be double and possibly triple teamed to be kept out of the backfield. He's what he has been billed as. If this happens the Powell LB's will be free to roam. Its going to be a great game.

Understand your point exactly. Field is 54 yards wide. Run away from him. Then make him honest by running at him. Early season game and hot. The young man was not able to practice as much due to initial ineligibility and college trips. Saw him play at St. Benedict (they won 2 with him in the lineup)  last year. A beast but does tires. I am an East Tennessean who lives in West Tenn. with Briarcrest ties.

Edited by noonesfool

14 minutes ago, Romansfive8 said:

One thing we know for sure, if AC pulls out the W Mavs-in-flight will be flying high for a few days. He’s gotta be the biggest AC fan on CT :thumb:  I hope the best for both teams.  Have a blessed week everyone.  

Haha Romans...I am currently in negotiations with Mavs...I am now a free agent due to last minutes loss to Powell and Greeneville last year. They will need to pull that ribbit out of the hat this year because I am on the highest BP meds you can take..lol

On 8/16/2021 at 8:42 PM, noonesfool said:

Understand your point exactly. Field is 54 yards wide. Run away from him. Then make him honest by running at him. Early season game and hot. The young man was not able to practice as much due to initial ineligibility and college trips. Saw him play at St. Benedict (they won 2 with him in the lineup)  last year. A beast but does tires. I am an East Tennessean who lives in West Tenn. with Briarcrest ties.

I agree .. he has spurts but is pretty lethargic otherwise  .. slow walking  .. he has a 3 second burst but would say he tires in 2nd half  ..  looks a bit over weight  ..

13 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

A youthful team beat AC at your place last year. Away game and add in Walter, the speed, depth and it’s too much for AC to overcome. It’s a moral victory if they lose under double digits. Powell 45 AC 17 

Agree.  Usually a good game between these 2 teams, but I think Powell is going to be to much to handle.  Powell can win this one by as many as they want.  

• Like 1