Mt. Juliet hosts Gallatin

MJGOLDENBEARS

On 8/16/2021 at 7:18 PM, MJGOLDENBEARS said:

Ah well that’s a little intimidating. Seems to me I’m worried most about MJ’s secondary…. They got torched by Beech and Clarksville. 

This is so weird to say, but I don’t think you’re going to see many teams that have the weapons throwing the ball that Beech has… (did I really just say that?)

What I saw from MJ offensive leads me to believe they are going to score some points. I think the QB played very well at Beech and if he does that throughout the year, they will score a lot of points. 

Gallatin needs to have long sustained drives to win and I believe that’s playing to the MJ defensive strengths. I’m still up in the air on how Gallatin is going to be this year, so I’m up in the air on this game. I do believe Gallatin will need to score more points than they’re comfortable with. I don’t see them holding MJ under a 21. If they do, I might be a believer that they’ve turned the page on an ugly 2020. 

13 hours ago, 13sports said:

Not much talk on this thread.  Has this rivalry lost its luster or are both sides being cautious with their optimism?  No one willing to step out and make a bold prediction about the outcome?

I think both sides are just wondering what they actually have or don’t have this year.  This game is very interesting with a long history behind it.  It’s a tough opener.  

On 8/17/2021 at 9:33 PM, eers said:

This is so weird to say, but I don’t think you’re going to see many teams that have the weapons throwing the ball that Beech has… (did I really just say that?)

What I saw from MJ offensive leads me to believe they are going to score some points. I think the QB played very well at Beech and if he does that throughout the year, they will score a lot of points. 

Gallatin needs to have long sustained drives to win and I believe that’s playing to the MJ defensive strengths. I’m still up in the air on how Gallatin is going to be this year, so I’m up in the air on this game. I do believe Gallatin will need to score more points than they’re comfortable with. I don’t see them holding MJ under a 21. If they do, I might be a believer that they’ve turned the page on an ugly 2020. 

I just don’t know enough about MJ yet, however I knew their pass D was worrisome to me with the lack of returners.