Wk2, Greenfield @ Dresden

HevyReturns

2 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I've said it over and over, Dresden is a good 1A team (2nd maybe 3rd round) Westview is just that good. 

Okay I usually find you spot on but I am confused ! How are you saying a barely 500 team last year was good ? Not being a jerk just  Don’t get that train of thought they lost a lot of games , is it cause of Coaching additions , did the line improve ?

UPDATE   LIONS & YELLOWJACKETS GAME MOVED TO SATURDAY AT 6pm. ..

And to comment on a few posts, Dresden doesn’t have all the athletes & footballers it could have/ normally has, as those who could (should?) play aren’t trying out. Very small numbers for a Dresden squad. The reasons why could be, who knows, varied & countless. But with one of Dresden’s fav coaches back (Keith Hodge), & with us winning some games (esp. ones we should have lost), then I’m sure our numbers & pool of available talent will increase. (Can folk try out after the season starts? Or are there rules against that? A cut off time?). Playing iron-man football both ways is hard I don’t care how tough one is. .. As for Westview, yes, they are that good. And fast.. wow. Really speedy! And tbh, our guys need to practice speed-running drills. No joke, you can learn to go faster.. run on toes not heels, jerk thighs & knees up & piston them down just as fast, always be springy & light & ready on your toes. Don’t just go through the motions in practice, but do the drills with a purpose. And go the extra mile, things like running on your own outside of practice, because cardio is key, esp when short-handed. And the best, by far, running drills for me were running hills or stadium stairs & duck-walks (squat down, hands over head, and “walk”), and the up-downs. Running in sand or lose dirt also helps. Stationary bike riding & sprinting blasts. Walk during the normal day with ankle weights & wrist weights on. And the such. .. Dedicate to mastering such little-things & exercises with a great work-ethic & attitude are some key ingredients to winning imho. They’ll definitely show up come game time, too. Dresden may surprise alot of people this year & do better than many prognosticators predict. Time will tell! 
 Again, GAME MOVED TO 6pm SATURDAY. 

Edited by HevyReturns
Forgot some info

5 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Okay I usually find you spot on but I am confused ! How are you saying a barely 500 team last year was good ? Not being a jerk just  Don’t get that train of thought they lost a lot of games , is it cause of Coaching additions , did the line improve ?

I'm not saying they were good last year. I'm saying they're good this year. 

23 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

I'm not saying they were good last year. I'm saying they're good this year. 

I get that but I’m asking you what changed because the roster is the same and I Think they  actually lost a few studs,Ty was a stud last year with the same receivers,

Edited by PeabodyPride

35 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

I get that but I’m asking you what changed because the roster is the same and I Think they  actually lost a few studs,Ty was a stud last year with the same receivers,

Teams grow up. You see it about every year in one classification or another. They'll be a second or third rd exit one year then state champs the next. You also have to consider what I said in the Westview Peabody thread, this is their seniors first time having the same coach in consecutive years. Regardless of the talent level they have it was a tough ask to constantly ask a first year coach to compete with the likes of Milan Covington and SG in region.  I figured preseason Westview would be a contender in 2A but they absolutely dismantled Dresden and was merciful in the 2nd half. After seeing what I've seen I seriously doubt anyone in 2A will have the dbs to cover Westview. And like someone said, they haven't even put out all their starters yet. Goins is one of the better skill position players in the area so he'll do nothing but add gas to the offense vs y'all. I understand y'all have a better line but a defensive line can be neutralized with timing routes and you won't find a team better at it until you get to at least 4A ball I'm guessing. 

1 minute ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Teams grow up. You see it about every year in one classification or another. They'll be a second or third rd exit one year then state champs the next. You also have to consider what I said in the Westview Peabody thread, this is their seniors first time having the same coach in consecutive years. Regardless of the talent level they have it was a tough ask to constantly ask a first year coach to compete with the likes of Milan Covington and SG in region.  I figured preseason Westview would be a contender in 2A but they absolutely dismantled Dresden and was merciful in the 2nd half. After seeing what I've seen I seriously doubt anyone in 2A will have the dbs to cover Westview. And like someone said, they haven't even put out all their starters yet. Goins is one of the better skill position players in the area so he'll do nothing but add gas to the offense vs y'all. I understand y'all have a better line but a defensive line can be neutralized with timing routes and you won't find a team better at it until you get to at least 4A ball I'm guessing. 

Good  analysis 

2 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Good  analysis 

WarEagleCartman is right. Jarrod Neal is only 28-30 years old. I think he is the 2nd or 3rd youngest head coach in our state. 
But it’s an adjustment for Jarrod to lead a program for the first time. Not to mention it was during the middle of the Covid pandemic, so everything was limited for him. Throw the fact you’re dealing with a 5 star QB as well. Let’s not forget, they had SGC on the ropes last year, but I believe a dropped pass gave SGC the victory. 
Also, a lighter schedule. Milan and Covington are two top 5-7 teams in West Tennessee. Huntingdon and Union City aren’t. Also, I have a feeling Ty (and Westview) wants to win knowing his recruiting stuff is past him.  I bet they’re tired of mediocrity 

10 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Peabody will give Westview there first lose this week. And Peabody will win the 1A State title. Dresden won’t make it out of the first round if they can’t beat Greenfield. We will know more about both teams after this week for sure. Good luck to all. 

3 minutes ago, VolMarine1371 said:

Peabody will give Westview there first lose this week. And Peabody will win the 1A State title. Dresden won’t make it out of the first round if they can’t beat Greenfield. We will know more about both teams after this week for sure. Good luck to all. 

Dresden will beat Greenfield by 21+

Edited by WarEagleCartman

10 minutes ago, VolMarine1371 said:

Wishful thinking, but I like your confidence though. Should be a good game and neither team will blow out the other. But regardless who wins this game it won’t matter come season end. Because neither team will get last Peabody or McKenzie. 

Lmao I believe you believe that. Dresden is about to have their way with Greenfield. 

7 minutes ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Lmao I believe you believe that. Dresden is about to have their way with Greenfield. 

And that is a very possible outcome. But in the grand scheme of things Peabody will win one region and McKenzie will win the other region. So it won’t matter who this game as neither team will get past the 2nd round and will be lucky to make it out of the first round.