D2 AAA

plato

3 hours ago, JRB said:

I may find my way to MBA on Friday as Pope travels to Baylor.  Haven't been in the MBA stadium since the renovations. 

I suggest getting there early.  No offense to Pope, but Ryan/MBA was the game for "Elliston Place" Ryan grads.  Fans on both sides glad to see this on the schedule again.  MBA renovations- if you don't get stary-eyed....nothing will impress you!:thumb:

9 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

I suggest getting there early.  No offense to Pope, but Ryan/MBA was the game for "Elliston Place" Ryan grads.  Fans on both sides glad to see this on the schedule again.  MBA renovations- if you don't get stary-eyed....nothing will impress you!:thumb:

Can't remember the last time MBA has struggled with the beginning part of the season. Granted, they have had a tough first 4 games, but this is an uncommon happening. 

11 hours ago, PurplePanther said:

I understand the history and tradition FRHShas with MBA, much larger than with Pope.

It will be interesting to see what a $90M bequest gets you these days.  I did see some of the construction last spring when we traveled to MBA for baseball.

1 hour ago, plato said:

Can't remember the last time MBA has struggled with the beginning part of the season. Granted, they have had a tough first 4 games, but this is an uncommon happening. 

Does not get any easier for the Big Red with FRHS, BA, Pope, Baylor and Knox Catholic still on the schedule.

5 hours ago, JRB said:

Think Ensworth is still suspect or MUS that strong?

Ensworth’s run game the past two weeks has shown up. They have a much bigger line than they have the past 3 years. Moving the ball much better between the tackles. They have a very dangerous offense and if they get in a groove early at best you can expect a shoot out. 

I believe this one is a much closer game than some believe. I’ve got Ensworth coming out the victor at home. 

I haven't seen Ensworth live this year but know that Gray is a mauler up front.  Besides the OSU commit, I am not sold on their secondary.  They have a lot of speed but they are shorter than most and MUS has some WRs in the 6'2+ range.  The win over CBHS shocked me, but looking at CBHS schedule results I believe they may have been ranked higher than they should have been.

Two good games in West Nashville tonight!