D2 AAA

plato

Here's the link for Baylor at Ensworth (free broadcast): https://livestream.com/ensworth/events/9922863

I'll have to ditch Catholic vs. CBHS at the top of the hour to watch Father Ryan at MUS, since NFHS only allows one stream per account and there isn't a broadcast for Father Ryan.

This is the first playoff game for FRHS to not broadcast, audio-only or otherwise, going back to some point prior to 2009. Luckily, MUS' broadcasts are usually very well done.

CBHS missed a field goal on its last possession, and it remains 10-0 Catholic with about four minutes to go in the first half.

Pope Prep leads St. Benedict 35-0. There is a horrible loud buzzing sound for the audio on NFHS and it keeps buffering.

Baylor is up 14-7 at the half at Ensworth. Christian Brothers has rallied and now lead Knox Catholic 21-17 in Q4.

As it looks now...

II-AAA Quarterfinals
E5 Father Ryan at E1 McCallie
E3 Pope Prep at W2 Brentwood Academy
E6 Baylor/W3 Ensworth winner at E2 MBA
W5 CBHS/E4 Knox Catholic winner at W1 Briarcrest

8 hours ago, JRB said:

Nice win by FRHS tonight!

Big win for the Irish tonight. Their ability to pressure MUS QB #7 made a big difference. Good play from the corners as well.

Looking ahead to next week, Father Ryan has to find ways to pressure McCallie QB #14. His accuracy on long passes is part of why the Blue Tornado are so difficult to defend.

The problem is that McCallie's OL is also very good. I think there are tactical measures to be learned from what Clearwater International did on defense with its LB blitzes early in the game.

But it won't be easy.

A decisive win for Pope Prep as well tonight. JP2 at Brentwood Academy next Friday intrigues me. It's the only matchup out of the Div. II-AAA quarterfinal games that won't be a rematch from the regular season.

Edited by LouPickney

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• Did this happen? Does anyone know? Ripley has their HC job posted on the bulletin board over the weekend.
    • Coalfield definitely isn't the same team they've had the past few years. They are still the favorites to make it out of their region because of their pitching. They have 1 arm that sits low to mid 80s and 2 other arms that are mid to high 70s with good off speed stuff. If you can avoid their top 3 bats in their lineup then you have a shot to beat them. Their 4-9 hitters are average at best. Wartburg's ace was able to shut them down last week in the game Wartburg won 4-2. 
    • It is the longest season. Plus, 30 games a year. No Christmas break. I would say basketball is the most time consuming. 
    • No movement on Chester? South Gibson? Gibson County?
    • Winfree's senior year was the season she needed to secure more college interest. That opportunity was taken away from her. A lot of false assumptions can be made about what happened and what the options are. Unfortunately, the former coach and administration did not allow Winfree to have due process. A lawsuit was filed for a reason, and it will run its course by people who conduct discovery and take depositions. Unless the parties settle out of court, a lot of the pertinent issues will come to the public surface. I wrote about many of the issues here: https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/11/17/grounds-for-investigation-and-suspension/ I interviewed Winfree after she was dismissed from the team and wrote about it here: https://bdnewsletter.news/2023/12/01/a-new-interview-with-sable-winfree/ Winfree had been on teams in Warren County since the fourth grade and never been dismissed from a team. The real questions are why was Winfree dismissed from the team, and why the administration backed a coach whom they did not rehire.