D2 AAA

plato

First round games:

E6 Baylor at W3 Ensworth
Rematch from Baylor's 52-28 win in Chattanooga in late August.

E5 Father Ryan at W4 MUS
Rematch from the 2020 quarterfinals, an Owls victory in Nashville. First time for these teams to play in Memphis since the 2009 semifinals, also a victory by MUS.

W6 St. Benedict at E3 Pope Prep
A win by St. Benedict would be an upset of monumental proportions.

W5 Christian Brothers at E4 Knox Catholic
CBHS-to-Knox.jpg

Edited by LouPickney

On 10/26/2021 at 4:45 PM, PurplePanther said:

Panther doesn't doubt Booger....he knows!  No way I had LA scoring 30pts on CPA.

Can I get the Powerball numbers for this weekend please?

Hey PP; Booger nose stuff.........PB numbers comin soon

that bein said dont let that game number stick; those presbyterians are sneeky planners

Booger just sayin :thumb:

17 hours ago, LouPickney said:

First round games:

E6 Baylor at W3 Ensworth
Rematch from Baylor's 52-28 win in Chattanooga in late August.

E5 Father Ryan at W4 MUS
Rematch from the 2020 quarterfinals, an Owls victory in Nashville. First time for these teams to play in Memphis since the 2009 semifinals, also a victory by MUS.

W6 St. Benedict at E3 Pope Prep
A win by St. Benedict would be an upset of monumental proportions.

W5 Christian Brothers at E4 Knox Catholic
CBHS-to-Knox.jpg

If ANY of the public schools were required to drive the 5:33 for a high school football game  other than the state championship game the head of the TSSAA would get fired.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, plato said:

and your point? 

2 hours ago, cbg said:

If ANY of the public schools were required to drive the 5:33 for a high school football game  other than the state championship game the head of the TSSAA would get fired.  

Everyone play in 5 classifications and this will not happen. Recruiting will never go away in privates or public (and they be worse because their coaches need players to overcome their coaching) but nobody gets to attend a school without paying their own way with no aid given.

Edited by fb247

On 10/30/2021 at 1:11 PM, plato said:

Now that all the dust has settled and the matchups are set, what are the most intriguing matchups in the opening round of the D2AAA playoffs? 

Can't help but think the Baylor/Ensworth matchup is going to be one to watch. 

I think all games minus SBA @ Pope could be close with upsets.  Pope's D (which is as about as bad as I have seen) going against a sad that has not won a region game since.......

3 hours ago, JRB said:

A good question for TSSAA.  Can only beat who is on your schedule and in your region.

Agreed.

Drop AA division. Place cutoff at 350.

Moves 9 teams up to big division to make 21:

Lausanne, CAK, BGA, Boyd Buchanan, Notre Dame, CPA, Lipscomb, Knox Webb and Chattanooga Christian.

Moves 7 teams down:

Silverdale, FRA, Northpoint, St.George, Goodpasture, Davidson Academy and Knox Grace

Never happen because a couple of schools with ties to the board would not be competitive anymore for championships and we know that is the only reason there are 3 to begin with.

However it is a logical fix.

Edited by MichaelMyers76