D2 AAA

plato

1 hour ago, LouPickney said:

McCallie is up 14-0 on Father Ryan, early Q2. Two drives, two TDs for the Blue Tornado offense out of the gate. FRHS narrowly missed a long FG try on its first possession. Though the Irish just got it back on an interception.

It seems NFHS is blocking both BA and MBA from having video in their respective home broadcasts tonight. Unfortunately, if you want to have two NFHS broadcasts going, you need two subscriptions. And it's not exactly seamless to switch between games.

The broadcast situation is just another reason that the D2 schools need to leave the TSSAA.  The “ONLY” reason the TSSAA wants the private schools is their money and resources.  

11 minutes ago, LouPickney said:

FRHS turnover on downs in the red zone ends it. A valiant rally falls short.

The Irish were down 42-14 at one point.

Congratulations to McCallie on the 42-35 victory. They'll host the Pope Prep/BA winner next Friday night.

How did FRHS come back?  McCallie get conservative with their play calling? Nice to see the kids not quit.

1 hour ago, cbg said:

The broadcast situation is just another reason that the D2 schools need to leave the TSSAA.  The “ONLY” reason the TSSAA wants the private schools is their money and resources.  

Dude, every school pays the same amount to the TSSAA. Private gate money ain't no different in playoffs than a county school. Facts.

D2 doesn't pack 'em in for the finals either. You act like TSSAA just charges private schools more to play. Doesn't work that way.

Also, the broadcast problem is an NFHS problem not TSSAA.

Edited by MichaelMyers76

Just now, JRB said:

How did FRHS come back?  McCallie get conservative with their play calling? Nice to see the kids not quit.

Fake punt TD pass for Father Ryan, a McCallie fumble, and ultimately a late frenzy including a pair of onside kick recoveries. McCallie had put their second-team defense in at one point.

It reminded me of Baylor/McCallie where Baylor got aggressive with its passing in Q4 and likewise rallied to be down one score late. But this was even more intense of a swing.

NFHS has been a nightmare for me. I have 300/300 Mbps fiber internet so it's not on my end. Games won't load, spinning circle, maybe get 90 seconds of blurry video.

At least BA and MBA have had very good audio broadcasts.