Cloudland vs Unaka

THE KING

1 hour ago, NewGuySteve said:

That was a bit more than disappointing. The that was almost embarrassing. Looked like some kids wanted no part of stopping the run and then wanted to jaw with the crowd. I’ve been around Unaka football for the last 20 years and that was one that wasn’t pretty all around. Hats off to Cloudland though, they came in and took care of business. That’s a tough bunch of kids that play the game the right way. 

Seth Birchfield is a beast.  With chase shell hurt, we had to play the freshman qb which meant we had to open the old playbook.  Another injury that will hurt us is tight end Coy laney who hurt his elbow.  Zac has been able to get more players out. I think we have 25 now so it's not as dire a situation as it could be.  I'm sorry unaka had to get their reality check but they're not ready for the top ranked teams.  Our interior line are absolute studs.  We'll be underdogs next week but we're going to find out where we stand against the better teams 

57 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Seth Birchfield is a beast.  With chase shell hurt, we had to play the freshman qb which meant we had to open the old playbook.  Another injury that will hurt us is tight end Coy laney who hurt his elbow.  Zac has been able to get more players out. I think we have 25 now so it's not as dire a situation as it could be.  I'm sorry unaka had to get their reality check but they're not ready for the top ranked teams.  Our interior line are absolute studs.  We'll be underdogs next week but we're going to find out where we stand against the better teams 

Should be a good test next week, was a little surprised that Rockwood lost. If you play well, think you have a fairly good chance. I'm still trying to figure out who Quarterbacked last night, never heard the name before. He must have ran the offense pretty crisp.

26 minutes ago, pujo said:

Should be a good test next week, was a little surprised that Rockwood lost. If you play well, think you have a fairly good chance. I'm still trying to figure out who Quarterbacked last night, never heard the name before. He must have ran the offense pretty crisp.

Camden peppers.  They didn't ask too much of him but I think he surprised everyone by taking care of the ball and standing in the pocket.  All cland needed to do was run the ball anyway.  It was a total mismatch up front 

Just now, THE KING said:

Camden peppers.  They didn't ask too much of him but I think he surprised everyone by taking care of the ball and standing in the pocket.  All cland needed to do was run the ball anyway.  It was a total mismatch up front 

Knew it would be, Never heard of the Peppers kid.  Rockwood will be a good test to see how you matchup with region 2 teams. I'd say then and Coalfield would be a pretty good tussle.

Would of really liked to see us run some more short or intermediate pass plays. We had guys underneath open a bunch and continuously went for the deep pass instead. Hats off to Cloudland, I knew we would be mismatched on the line and they got some tough kids in the backfield. We have to learn to wrap up, not sure how many times I saw our defense try to lower their shoulder on the Birchfield boy and bounce right off him. 

5 minutes ago, creekerballer said:

Would of really liked to see us run some more short or intermediate pass plays. We had guys underneath open a bunch and continuously went for the deep pass instead. Hats off to Cloudland, I knew we would be mismatched on the line and they got some tough kids in the backfield. We have to learn to wrap up, not sure how many times I saw our defense try to lower their shoulder on the Birchfield boy and bounce right off him. 

He's the strongest back we've had since Coffey.  Unaka really needs a feeder program to produce linemen.  Cland kids are taught to be nasty from a very young age.  It will complete your team. You'll be able to play smash mouth football and mix the passing game with it.  On D, you'll be able to get some stops at the line of scrimmage.  

On 8/28/2021 at 10:54 AM, pujo said:

Rockwood was up big, but lost their starting QB in the 4th quarter just as Sweetwater made their run. After that, Sweetwater just loaded the box and dared Rockwood to throw. Rockwood still scored a few points, but that definitely changed playcalling down the stretch. I never heard how bad the injury was. 

17 minutes ago, MSUBac2001 said:

Rockwood was up big, but lost their starting QB in the 4th quarter just as Sweetwater made their run. After that, Sweetwater just loaded the box and dared Rockwood to throw. Rockwood still scored a few points, but that definitely changed playcalling down the stretch. I never heard how bad the injury was. 

Cloudland will be tough , I expect a 4 quarter battle.

51 minutes ago, eyeintheskytn said:

What happened with the Cloudland QB? Was really thinking he'd roll this year. Just a precaution since this one was pretty much going to be in the bag? 

Didn't play last week but I'd say he'll play this week, Gonna be missing the big tight end and that will hurt. I'm sure it would be tough if they were 100 percent. They'll play with everything in um, I think it will take 4 quarters.