Week 3: Fayetteville hosts Wayne County

MC4FHS

9 hours ago, MC4FHS said:

First game in Region play for these two teams.  Not much history between the programs.  Thoughts???

Barring injuries , Covid or a HUGE let down… I wouldn’t see you guys getting challenged by a 1A or 2A team until the quarters.

What week do y’all play Upperman?

20 minutes ago, MC4FHS said:

September 10th Upperman visits Tiger Hill

I think Upperman will match up with y’all size wise, but I couldn’t see them holding up to you guys athletes. 

I do however think that is the only week you guys will be tested in the regular season.

Expecting heavy rain today and tomorrow (remnants of Tropical Storm Ida), but Tiger field was totally redesigned and reengineered in 2020 and has a superb drainage system.  

Weather looks to be perfect on Friday for the game!

We look forward to welcoming the Wayne County team, coaches, families, and fans to Tiger Hill!

On 8/28/2021 at 12:17 PM, H2Oman said:

I think Upperman will match up with y’all size wise, but I couldn’t see them holding up to you guys athletes. 

I do however think that is the only week you guys will be tested in the regular season.

Thanks for the compliment.  Red Bank should be a strong opponent, also.  The Region 5 schedule is always a challenge and we are going to play up outside the Region.  We should be battle tested by the end of the regular season.  Go Tigers!

4 minutes ago, GreatTiger said:

Thanks for the compliment.  Red Bank should be a strong opponent, also.  The Region 5 schedule is always a challenge and we are going to play up outside the Region.  We should be battle tested by the end of the regular season.  Go Tigers!

Yes I wasn’t aware you played Red Bank… That should be a good one!

4 hours ago, GreatTiger said:

The teams have not faced each other many times.  I don't remember Fayetteville ever winning against Wayne Co.   Fayetteville is due a win this week.

in our history, we've only played twice--in 2013 and 2014.  Lost both times.  But, we started with JV playing a Varsity schedule back in those days.  We only had around 20 to 30 players then also.  Times have changed in those few years!