Pearl Cohn Vs Hillwood

FBfan26

Pearl Cohn knows that their route to a state championship is much easier if it doesn’t include a potential title game meeting with Alcoa.  

The same holds true for Milan.  

There is no shame in that thought process.  It’s not a level playing field and I applaud both of them for moving on to give themselves a realistic shot the next 2 years.  

Both of them are great teams with terrific coaching and great athletes but neither of them are beating Alcoa.  That’s a statement of fact.  

4 minutes ago, howdoitknow said:

Pearl Cohn knows that their route to a state championship is much easier if it doesn’t include a potential title game meeting with Alcoa.  

The same holds true for Milan.  

There is no shame in that thought process.  It’s not a level playing field and I applaud both of them for moving on to give themselves a realistic shot the next 2 years.  

Both of them are great teams with terrific coaching and great athletes but neither of them are beating Alcoa.  That’s a statement of fact.  

You never know. One of us could’ve caught them like CPA. Greenville, Elizabeth isn’t a sure thing. Our road will be harder in 4A than 3A IMO.

31 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

Rector?:roflolk:

One of the RBs for PC was the starting Nose Guard for the Irish …..don’t think I sill ask for his eval on anything….you ask him….LOL!

Dude…sorry..not following.  Rector is the head coach at Ryan right? LA beat Ryan 40 to not much in a scrimmage earlier this year with a backup QB right? It wasn’t close.  Not sure what this has to do with PC.

6 hours ago, TTate said:

Dude…sorry..not following.  Rector is the head coach at Ryan right? LA beat Ryan 40 to not much in a scrimmage earlier this year with a backup QB right? It wasn’t close.  Not sure what this has to do with PC.

I thought this was simple enough to understand. You said ask Rector.  I said you ask him since I don’t think much of his talent evaluation.  I then gave an example of one of his former players, who is a current player for PC.  He is a RB at PC with offers…..he was a NG at FR.  

14 hours ago, 18NCS said:

The young man was not assaulted.  Quit trying to blow this up into something it is not.  Coach Dilfer addressed the issue and it is squashed.  I don't know Dilfer and could care less about Lipscomb but i respect him and his players and assistant coaches do to.  

If you had been filmed doing that at Hillwood or Hillsboro you would have been dismissed. Truth.

Edited by bigchief

54 minutes ago, PurplePanther said:

I thought this was simple enough to understand. You said ask Rector.  I said you ask him since I don’t think much of his talent evaluation.  I then gave an example of one of his former players, who is a current player for PC.  He is a RB at PC with offers…..he was a NG at FR.  

gotcha…good luck to Ryan tonight.

2 hours ago, TTate said:

And it would have a been a huge mistake to do that. Truth.

how about Goodpasture?  Would you have fired him?

Doesn't change the fact that you cannot put your hands on a player out of frustration. If Dilfer was a coach at any public school, he's at the very least suspended, if not fired. There are plenty of coaches in this state who can replicate the success LA has had.

31 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Doesn't change the fact that you cannot put your hands on a player out of frustration. If Dilfer was a coach at any public school, he's at the very least suspended, if not fired. There are plenty of coaches in this state who can replicate the success LA has had.

Agree

12 hours ago, FIREBIRD80 said:

You never know. One of us could’ve caught them like CPA. Greenville, Elizabeth isn’t a sure thing. Our road will be harder in 4A than 3A IMO.

CPA was fortunate to beat them 7-0 in 2014 when they started a first timer at QB in the state title game and were handcuffed offensively.  In 2013 and 2015 when they were both playing at full strength Alcoa absolutely boat-raced CPA.  CPA is good.  They are very good.  I've seen that story for several years though and know enough football to know that they aren't on Alcoa's level.