Week 3 Region 6 3A Predictions

Undisputed

On 9/19/2021 at 9:14 PM, Fryinpan66 said:

Heck, both White House & Heritage have played up in 4A the last few years. They both had 3A numbers. I know the Patriots got wind of Pearl Cohn moving up to 4A and that helped Heritage make their decision to move down. 

They don’t get to “decide” to move down. You can only “decide” to play up in classification. The reason they are in 3A is because they have 3A numbers. 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Trollin said:

They don’t get to “decide” to move down. You can only “decide” to play up in classification. The reason they are in 3A is because they have 3A numbers. 

Not true! Heritage played up the last 3 years. Coach Dickerson decided it was time to move down in their correct classification. The reason for playing up in 4A was because they would have been in same region as the Metro Nashville schools. There’s no gate! I’m certain on this point. 

1 minute ago, Fryinpan66 said:

Not true! Heritage played up the last 3 years. Coach Dickerson decided it was time to move down in their correct classification. The reason for playing up in 4A was because they would have been in same region as the Metro Nashville schools. There’s no gate! I’m certain on this point. 

@Fryinpan66

I am pretty sure that they meant you couldn’t play BELOW your classification.  In example 4A and want to play 3A to cut down travel wouldn’t be allowed. You’re right about playing up for that same reason, to cut down travel.  That is what y’all did the past couple years when you were in our Region.  Man, I sure enjoyed that Region too.  GREAT fan support at all the schools and all schools were an easy drive 

2 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

@Fryinpan66

I am pretty sure that they meant you couldn’t play BELOW your classification.  In example 4A and want to play 3A to cut down travel wouldn’t be allowed. You’re right about playing up for that same reason, to cut down travel.  That is what y’all did the past couple years when you were in our Region.  Man, I sure enjoyed that Region too.  GREAT fan support at all the schools and all schools were an easy drive 

Yup

15 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

@Fryinpan66

I’m pretty sure I meant what I said. Heritage was and is a 3A school. They played up the last 3 years, being the smallest school in 4A (because they had 3A enrollment). Coach decided to play/move back down to their correct classification in 3A. We really are splitting hairs here! 

21 hours ago, Fryinpan66 said:

I’m pretty sure I meant what I said. Heritage was and is a 3A school. They played up the last 3 years, being the smallest school in 4A (because they had 3A enrollment). Coach decided to play/move back down to their correct classification in 3A. We really are splitting hairs here! 

@Fryinpan66

its all good Bud we are saying the exact same thing two different ways.  I don’t have enough hair left to split LOL

Edited by TheCommissioner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TheCommissioner said:

@Fryinpan66

its all good Bud we are saying the exact same thing to different ways.  I don’t have enough hair left to split LOL

Yes and how you comprehend the words on the rule.  Example - Ravenwood is 6A - they cannot ask to play 5A based on their enrollment, they have too many kids to be in that classification.  Pearl Cohn enrollment is 3A, but they asked for and were granted permission to play 4A.  They could have asked for and but not been granted permission to play 2A based on their number of students.  They can ask for and be granted permission to play 3A again if their enrollment numbers fall in that category.  I could not help but split more hairs on this subject - I have extra to split!  LOL!

Having said that, in my opinion adding WHH, WH, and Waverly to this region has made it stronger - in my opinion.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fryinpan66 said:

You can not be a 4 A school and play down to 3A. That goes for all classifications.

1 hour ago, ladyvol31 said:

Yes and how you comprehend the words on the rule.  Example - Ravenwood is 6A - they cannot ask to play 5A based on their enrollment, they have too many kids to be in that classification.  Pearl Cohn enrollment is 3A, but they asked for and were granted permission to play 4A.  They could have asked for and but not been granted permission to play 2A based on their number of students.  They can ask for and be granted permission to play 3A again if their enrollment numbers fall in that category.  I could not help but split more hairs on this subject - I have extra to split!  LOL!

Having said that, in my opinion adding WHH, WH, and Waverly to this region has made it stronger - in my opinion.  

PC asked to move up to get away from Alcoa probably. 

1 hour ago, ladyvol31 said:

I totally agree in everything in 6our post.  Your explanation as well as your assessment of WHH, WH and Waverly improving the Region.  Well done