Heupel Visiting Schools

Rerun92

7 hours ago, Knoxemdown said:

I saw on social media today that Coach is visiting some of the Knoxville Schools.  I'm trying to remember the last time a Head coach from UT made the rounds in the local Schools. Can anyone recall?

Butch came to Maryville to watch Cade Mays. Chavis came to watch Dylan Jackson when he was recruiting for LSU. I’m sure there were a lot more.  

8 hours ago, Knoxemdown said:

I saw on social media today that Coach is visiting some of the Knoxville Schools.  I'm trying to remember the last time a Head coach from UT made the rounds in the local Schools. Can anyone recall?

pruitt was all over the place.. he didn’t go to games on Friday but was in the schools all the time 

Butch Jones came to Oak Ridge to watch Tee Higgins, but Dabo Swinney came more often.  I think Coach Heupel coming to the high school games is a good thing, just his presence there encourages kids to play and he might pick up a sleeper that hasn't been noticed as much or someone that can be developed.  I think the main thing for him is not to let the Tee Higgins type kids get signed out of state, UT has to get the best ones in state that can play,  John Vaught at Ole Miss once said the reason he made a point to sign as many Mississippi kids as he could was because when it got tough, they dig a little deeper and one big play makes a difference in close games. Good for Heupel, glad he is coming. Fan out from Knoxville too, come to the big games on Friday nights.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:

Butch Jones came to Oak Ridge to watch Tee Higgins, but Dabo Swinney came more often.  I think Coach Heupel coming to the high school games is a good thing, just his presence there encourages kids to play and he might pick up a sleeper that hasn't been noticed as much or someone that can be developed.  I think the main thing for him is not to let the Tee Higgins type kids get signed out of state, UT has to get the best ones in state that can play,  John Vaught at Ole Miss once said the reason he made a point to sign as many Mississippi kids as he could was because when it got tough, they dig a little deeper and one big play makes a difference in close games. Good for Heupel, glad he is coming. Fan out from Knoxville too, come to the big games on Friday nights.

Hueppel actuallly visited several schools during the school day first.  That was what my post was in reference to.  

Edited by Knoxemdown