Week 4 - Oak Ridge @ Farragut

CardinalGrey

19 hours ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

When did OAK RIDGE become a Homecoming opponent?  Well, Farragut has decided to disrespect VictORy City and make our Mighty Wildcats Homecoming fodder.

I have NEVER liked FHS and this just adds to my fire. Kick their butts! RWR!

For what it’s worth, I don’t think it was intended with any disrespect to Oak Ridge. We have, I believe, three away games in a row after this so it’s just timing. 

16 minutes ago, Bluegreymom said:

For what it’s worth, I don’t think it was intended with any disrespect to Oak Ridge. We have, I believe, three away games in a row after this so it’s just timing. 

Homecoming games are usually the next to last home game on the schedule because this allows more time for fundraising. And because the last home game is reserved for Senior Night.   So in this case it would make more sense to have it 10/15 vs Bradley Central.  So, maybe just a little disrespect intended.  No.  I'm just kidding!

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Homecoming games are usually the next to last home game on the schedule because this allows more time for fundraising. And because the last home game is reserved for Senior Night.   So in this case it would make more sense to have it 10/15 vs Bradley Central.  So, maybe just a little disrespect intended.  No.  I'm just kidding!

Lol. I’m pretty sure Farragut usually does theirs in September.  Now you have me trying to remember. I know it was the sept 14th game in 2018 because I had just had a baby the night before and was watching from my hospital bed on my laptop and it was one of only two games I’ve missed since we’ve lived here. I think we always do ours pretty early in the season tho. 

1 minute ago, Bluegreymom said:

Lol. I’m pretty sure Farragut usually does theirs in September.  Now you have me trying to remember. I know it was the sept 14th game in 2018 because I had just had a baby the night before and was watching from my hospital bed on my laptop and it was one of only two games I’ve missed since we’ve lived here. I think we always do ours pretty early in the season tho. 

Also I feel that unlike with some other rivalries, Farragut and oak ridge actually have a pretty healthy respect for one another. I don’t think either team ever thinks it’s going to be an “easy” one even a “should be okay” one. I feel like both go in knowing they may be in for a heck of a fight and that’s one of the things I love about that rivalry.

Farragut has played well in losses although totally out classed by Maryville, but so is everyone else. The key to this game is can the Oak RIdge offense sustain drives and score, not turn the ball over and use some clock doing it. Farragut is good on offense, the quarterback throws the ball at a 68% completion rate, and they can run it too. As usual, they have a strong kicking game, so hope we have enough of a lead at the end not get beat by a field goal, and we probably will be starting on the 20 after each kickoff, the good news is they probably will have to as well.  The New Sentinel picked Farragut 35-21, so they don't respect us. We need a better game than Clinton to win over there. Like to get this one, we have been on the down side of the Farragut rivalry the last few years.

On 9/6/2021 at 11:13 PM, STILLNUM1 said:

I think the Ads are a good team and I just dont see our Cats improved enough to beat a good team yet.We still have major problems on offense and I just hope we can get better.At least we seen them try some new things on offense and hopefully they have learned we have to get Jai the ball more.I will say KJ was running hard in 2nd half last week and might have found something.If they can get him to just quit going side to side and get up field we all know he can be great.When he explodes and dont stop and look for running room he is so much better.Also watching replay we have to quit letting Tarwater run read option.Just go watch last week last couple of plays how Clinton sends CB and OLB untouched and he hands off anyway and RB gets hit before he can look up.So if he cant run it right quit doing it or change blocking scheme.When we run it we leave guys unblocked on purpose and its killing us

I believe it is time to try some new things on offense.  Not sure what that is, but last week was not good at all.  We can't win if establish the line of scrimmage and throw the ball.  We have too many athletes on the offensive side of the ball not to score lots of points.  And all season I believe we have scored 4 total TDs with one being #13 grabbing a ball over a defender and out running the others to the endzone.  It was a fluke play that wasn't truly designed.  We can't be scared to throw it more.  I think we threw the ball 5/6 times last week with one of them being another pick 6 that was called back, maybe that is the hesitancy to throw more?  We might need to be looking towards different schemes, plays, or playbooks.  We should have undoubtedly won all three games.  Defense played well all games, second game gave up two big plays and that was it.    

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rollcatsroll said:

I believe it is time to try some new things on offense.  Not sure what that is, but last week was not good at all.  We can't win if establish the line of scrimmage and throw the ball.  We have too many athletes on the offensive side of the ball not to score lots of points.  And all season I believe we have scored 4 total TDs with one being #13 grabbing a ball over a defender and out running the others to the endzone.  It was a fluke play that wasn't truly designed.  We can't be scared to throw it more.  I think we threw the ball 5/6 times last week with one of them being another pick 6 that was called back, maybe that is the hesitancy to throw more?  We might need to be looking towards different schemes, plays, or playbooks.  We should have undoubtedly won all three games.  Defense played well all games, second game gave up two big plays and that was it.    

I agree with everything you said.Main thing is we at least have to try something different 

• Like 1

Farragut always plays there homecoming games early in the year just happened to be Oak Ridge. As for the West game West didn’t have one of the better players on defense in that game the Mich State commitment which he plays free safety. He got hurt in the first game with Bearden which he is out for the year. Farragut has really struggled on defense this year. Offense well got a good receiver and QB but not much on the running game and the offense line not as physical as in the past. 

Edited by rollnoles