Week 4 - Oak Ridge @ Farragut

CardinalGrey

Seems like this is the third year in a row we play at Farragut?  I'm all for playing them, but not at there place every year!  The Cats will have to bounce back from an emotionally charged 4  qtr fight vs cross county rival, Clinton who was chomping at the bit to take down the 0-2 Cats.   Thank goodness they didn't get to celebrate on us, they probably would've torn down their brand new goal posts if they pulled it off. Lol.  Should be a great game at Farragut if the team can get there legs back in time.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oridgecat said:

Seems like this is the third year in a row we play at Farragut?  I'm all for playing them, but not at there place every year!  The Cats will have to bounce back from an emotionally charged 4  qtr fight vs cross county rival, Clinton who was chomping at the bit to take down the 0-2 Cats.   Thank goodness they didn't get to celebrate on us, they probably would've torn down their brand new goal posts if they pulled it off. Lol.  Should be a great game at Farragut if the team can get there legs back in time.  

This should be another great atmosphere! 

Edited by 92Dragon

15 hours ago, oridgecat said:

I think the game was played at OR in ‘18 and ‘19 and at FHS in ‘20 and now in ‘21.  Not positive but I think the schedules are made in two year increments and somehow each school ends up being the Last year of one two year block and the first of the new block, and that’s how we end up at each for two years in a row versus just straight up alternating years. I don’t know if any of that makes sense written down! 

7 hours ago, Bluegreymom said:

I think the game was played at OR in ‘18 and ‘19 and at FHS in ‘20 and now in ‘21.  Not positive but I think the schedules are made in two year increments and somehow each school ends up being the Last year of one two year block and the first of the new block, and that’s how we end up at each for two years in a row versus just straight up alternating years. I don’t know if any of that makes sense written down! 

Not exactly.  Region games are drawn for home or away at every 2yr cycle in most cases.  Non region games have to take place whenever both teams happen to have open dates non region that match up.  That's why we will be on the road at FHS 3 out 4 years because both teams value the rivalry and want to keep playing.   Clear as mud, I know.  Anyway, Cats will be there ready to rumble.  

Edited by oridgecat

5 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Not exactly.  Region games are drawn for home or away at every 2yr cycle in most cases.  Non region games have to take place whenever both teams happen to have open dates non region that match up.  That's why we will be on the road at FHS 3 out 4 years because both teams value the rivalry and want to keep playing.   Clear as mud, I know.  Anyway, Cats will be there ready to rumble.  

I don’t think it is 3 years at Farragut tho. This is only the 2nd year in a row we will be playing at FHS. We played two years in a row at Oak Ridge as well. Pretty sure it was 2018 and 2019.  Then last year and this year are at Farragut. Do you mean next year is also at Farragut? 

2 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Maybe it just seems like it.  Lol.  When you don't miss a game for 50 years they all start to run together.  Either way, it's a tough place to play and I hope our guys are up for the challenge.  I think both teams are improving and should make for a goodun'.  Can't get here fast enough.  

50 years- that’s amazing! I’m excited for the game too. I think it should be a great game- it usually is. I’m not sure what to make of Farragut just yet. I feel like against Beech, our defense was keeping us in it but our offense was struggling a bit and then it was the opposite against West. Then of course Maryville was Maryville. So far it feels like we haven’t been able to get all cylinders firing at the same time.