Week 4 - Oak Ridge @ Farragut

CardinalGrey

10 hours ago, CardinalGrey said:

Four days until kickoff!

RWR!

One night in the Fall of 1984, I was drinking at the bar in a place called Ivey's on the UT Strip. Dude sits beside me and takes a look at my OR hat and laughs. He then brags about the time he and some farragutless friends came over to ORHS and smashed a big window near the old gym. 

This pissed me off but I didn't show any response to his story. Then he went on to tell me he was the Farragutless player that returned the KO for a TD in the 1981 ORHS vs FHS game. OR was on a 25 or so win streak and lost that night to the blue bellies. What was worse was my friend who was to guard the left sideline let the FHS player slip right past him.

The guy turned out to be okay but I never trusted him.

The FHS game will be the toughest game OR has played this season. I MAY even predict a FHS victory, Oh, heck no! Wildcats all the way. 

RWR!

I think the Ads are a good team and I just dont see our Cats improved enough to beat a good team yet.We still have major problems on offense and I just hope we can get better.At least we seen them try some new things on offense and hopefully they have learned we have to get Jai the ball more.I will say KJ was running hard in 2nd half last week and might have found something.If they can get him to just quit going side to side and get up field we all know he can be great.When he explodes and dont stop and look for running room he is so much better.Also watching replay we have to quit letting Tarwater run read option.Just go watch last week last couple of plays how Clinton sends CB and OLB untouched and he hands off anyway and RB gets hit before he can look up.So if he cant run it right quit doing it or change blocking scheme.When we run it we leave guys unblocked on purpose and its killing us

• Like 2

3 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I think the Ads are a good team and I just dont see our Cats improved enough to beat a good team yet.We still have major problems on offense and I just hope we can get better.At least we seen them try some new things on offense and hopefully they have learned we have to get Jai the ball more.I will say KJ was running hard in 2nd half last week and might have found something.If they can get him to just quit going side to side and get up field we all know he can be great.When he explodes and dont stop and look for running room he is so much better.Also watching replay we have to quit letting Tarwater run read option.Just go watch last week last couple of plays how Clinton sends CB and OLB untouched and he hands off anyway and RB gets hit before he can look up.So if he cant run it right quit doing it or change blocking scheme.When we run it we leave guys unblocked on purpose and its killing us

You're right. If Oak Ridge can only muster 112 yards of offense against a bad team like Clinton....they don't have a chance at beating Farragut. 

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Farragut has had three tough losses to pretty good teams, could have won the first two against Beech and West, no way they beat Maryville though. Oak Ridge has to step up offensive output in this game to have a chance to win, the defense is getting better, but doesn't need to be on the field all the time like the first half at Clinton. Farragut did lose some good players to graduation last year and have a new QB, but they are usually well coached enough not to drop off too much. This game lays at the feet of the offense, because the winner may need at least 28 points.

16 hours ago, 92Dragon said:

You're right. If Oak Ridge can only muster 112 yards of offense against a bad team like Clinton....they don't have a chance at beating Farragut. 

:rolleyes:

Im sorry but I do feel like that is true.Clinton is not awful but if you cant block Clinton you sure are not gonna be able to block Ads,Powell,Greenville and teams and whole other level than Clinton.Somehow Ads always load back up on big lineman.