CHEROKEE (1-1) @ CLINTON (2-1)

92Dragon

9 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

How bigga boy ore ya?

vil, I was thinking the same thing.  Ha. You beat me to it.  

"It was them dam boots with the eagle on the sides of 'em"  10 and a half.  D-wide

R.I.P. Brother John Bean.  

In these days of shameless hype, staged "reality" shows and cultural devolution, it is good to remember that there once lived a man named John Bean. He had a telephone, a tape recorder, an assumed name and one of the most inventive, if vicious, imaginations ever bestowed by God upon man.

Forget Roy D. Mercer, the Jerky Boys, Telephone Terrorists and all those other contrived, phony pretenders to the throne. John Bean was a genius; according to friends and family, he regarded the prank call as not some sort of cheap thrill or stunt but rather an art form. It shows: His calls to a shoestore, to auto parts purveyors such as "Eddie's Auto" and other retailers are pure brilliance. His format was usually rather predictable -- cheated customer seeks refund or replacement or some kind of satisfaction. In "Plots," though, he sheds crocodile tears as he responds to a sales call from a seller of cemetery plots, and in "Pigs," he strings along the seller of some choice porcine specimens with ridiculous but heartfelt-sounding one-liners.

Edited by oridgecat

21 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

vil, I was thinking the same thing.  Ha. You beat me to it.  

"It was them dam boots with the eagle on the side"

R.I.P. Brother John Bean.  

In these days of shameless hype, staged "reality" shows and cultural devolution, it is good to remember that there once lived a man named John Bean. He had a telephone, a tape recorder, an assumed name and one of the most inventive, if vicious, imaginations ever bestowed by God upon man.

Forget Roy D. Mercer, the Jerky Boys, Telephone Terrorists and all those other contrived, phony pretenders to the throne. John Bean was a genius; according to friends and family, he regarded the prank call as not some sort of cheap thrill or stunt but rather an art form. It shows: His calls to a shoestore, to auto parts purveyors such as "Eddie's Auto" and other retailers are pure brilliance. His format was usually rather predictable -- cheated customer seeks refund or replacement or some kind of satisfaction. In "Plots," though, he sheds crocodile tears as he responds to a sales call from a seller of cemetery plots, and in "Pigs," he strings along the seller of some choice porcine specimens with ridiculous but heartfelt-sounding one-liners.

What about the one where he called that old lady and was talking about how he was an atheist, and how his kids went to a school in Halls that did classroom prayers, and how he wished they’d do away with it haha. Son, he got her all wrangled up. She was a big churchgoer and was giving him the 5th degree about what a heathen he was, etc. “So you’re saying you don’t believe in God?! Oh my, sir!” He acted like he was starting to feel guilty and started crying. “Ma’am, you’re right, you’re right.” Haha!! Hilarious.

Yeah, Roy D. Mercer stuff was lame compared to ole JB.

Edited by SweetScience

15 hours ago, SweetScience said:

What about the one where he called that old lady and was talking about how he was an atheist, and how his kids went to a school in Halls that did classroom prayers, and how he wished they’d do away with it haha. Son, he got her all wrangled up. She was a big churchgoer and was giving him the 5th degree about what a heathen he was, etc. “So you’re saying you don’t believe in God?! Oh my, sir!” He acted like he was starting to feel guilty and started crying. Hilarious.

Yeah, Roy D. Mercer stuff was lame compared to ole JB.

Yeah, good one.  Most people that know of Brother John Bean (Bow yourn head when I say his name) have only heard the ones on the one tape that surfaced.  But there were many many tapes.  I guess I'll get off this Clinton thread.  I've caused enough trouble for one day.

Leroy Mercer

Route 4 Thompson School Road

Corryton, Tennessee (suppose you ain't never heard of that neither) 379.......21

Edited by oridgecat
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, oridgecat said:

Yeah, good one.  Most people that know of Brother John Bean (Bow yourn head when I say his name) have only heard the ones on the one tape that surfaced.  But there were many many tapes.  I guess I'll get off this Clinton thread.  I've caused enough trouble for one day.

Thompson School Road

Maynardville by Gawd,  Three seventy nine.....twenty one

I said ye got a da&$ dawg out tare, and if I come back and the sum$&@&$ is still there, I’m blowin’ its da&$ head awf, and I’m gonna lay’ er across the counter to prove it to ye.  Lol

Edited by SweetScience

First things first - I think what the most important thing for the military man to do before he and Clinton move forward - And that’s joining the rest of us here in reality, by coming to the realization that Clinton WASN’T the better team the past 2 years, and moving forward from there.

Edited by SweetScience
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oridgecat said:

I think Cherokee had to cancel for Covid.  Clinton dodged a "cupcake" bullet. 

I just went through this whole thread.Yall got me cracking up.92 and military man trying to jump my boy.Wrestiling in Hammers parking lot with BC and Walmart bag man.SS going wild.This has to be thread of the week.All we need now is a mid week update video from military man