DeKalb @ H20

biggest

New to the boards here.  So, whats going on at WHS football?  Coaching some say (but some of the coaching posts/references seem to come from disgruntle people-probably their kid is standing on the sidelines; or they had a player in the past that had limited PT) Either way...from what I hear Defense is still pretty darn good.  Lets hear from some people with a football IQ, not a Saturday morning Quarter Back Club member.  Lets hear what you have to say.  Of course keep it clean...not looking to insult, but, I will have an investment in this program in about 3 years and would like to investigate.    

Never to early to investigate.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MakingSense2u said:

New to the boards here.  So, whats going on at WHS football?  Coaching some say (but some of the coaching posts/references seem to come from disgruntle people-probably their kid is standing on the sidelines; or they had a player in the past that had limited PT) Either way...from what I hear Defense is still pretty darn good.  Lets hear from some people with a football IQ, not a Saturday morning Quarter Back Club member.  Lets hear what you have to say.  Of course keep it clean...not looking to insult, but, I will have an investment in this program in about 3 years and would like to investigate.    

I'm just a sat morning qb. Imo huge drop off in talent with possibly some good young talent that's maybe a year away from taking off.

7 minutes ago, Pantherpride45 said:

How many players did H20 graduate last year 

Not sure the total number but the number that matters is three. Jordan Cason, Jordan carter and quanterrius Hughes-Malone. All elite players at 2A level and not replaced with anyone near their level. At 2A just a few elite players makes a huge difference. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DealLawyer said:

Not sure the total number but the number that matters is three. Jordan Cason, Jordan carter and quanterrius Hughes-Malone. All elite players at 2A level and not replaced with anyone near their level. At 2A just a few elite players makes a huge difference. 

Absolutely! Those are 3 irreplaceable dudes. 

3 hours ago, MakingSense2u said:

Great post. @PurpleReign has been a Webster hater since his son sat on the sidelines a few years ago. 

Sometimes you just have to take this forum with a grain of salt. Over the years we’ve won games by 50 and we’ve still had fans on here blasting the coaching staff. 

The talent we lost last year was irreplaceable and like I stated after the game last week it is going to take a few games to get it together for all the guys who have stepped into new roles.

Coaching is not the issue. The boys are young and just aren’t getting it done yet. The sophomore class is absolutely loaded and has a real opportunity to be the best class ever at the school if they stick together.

• Like 3

We switched in some new lineman this week and swapped our receivers hoping it would make a spark and it didn’t. We completely went away from the offense we were running during weeks 1-2. The defense is still playing outstanding and that is going to keep us in games until Cousino and the wrs can find any kind of connection.

• Like 1