Boone @ Betsy

lawnman

We have a lot of growing up to do.  I knew this year would be a bit of a struggle but this is not how I imagined it would be.  Somebody not names Bryson or Jake is going to have to step up and coach has to make that happen.  Defensively we are good,  not great.  The new kid at middle LB played well but we need Stewart back healthy and not having him has hurt.  Too many passes across the middle on play action,  LBs getting sucked up and no coverage on cross routes and slants.  Don’t know how it’s going to turn out but I’m hoping we do a lot of growing up quick or this season may hurt.  Just my opinion.  Good job finding a way to win.  Learn from mistakes and get better.

PS-   If we don’t do anything else all year,  we always beat Boone lol

8 minutes ago, BetsyCyclones16 said:

We have a lot of growing up to do.  I knew this year would be a bit of a struggle but this is not how I imagined it would be.  Somebody not names Bryson or Jake is going to have to step up and coach has to make that happen.  Defensively we are good,  not great.  The new kid at middle LB played well but we need Stewart back healthy and not having him has hurt.  Too many passes across the middle on play action,  LBs getting sucked up and no coverage on cross routes and slants.  Don’t know how it’s going to turn out but I’m hoping we do a lot of growing up quick or this season may hurt.  Just my opinion.  Good job finding a way to win.  Learn from mistakes and get better.

PS-   If we don’t do anything else all year,  we always beat Boone lol

Why didn’t mason ball play that much tonight 

10 minutes ago, jjm70 said:

Why didn’t mason ball play that much tonight 

I’m not real sure.  I’d say when Stewart gets back (hopefully this week) he will start at MLB and the new kid #16 will move outside and rotate TJ and Mason.    I absolutely hate seeing Bryson have to play safety too.  Just seems desperate to me.  Hopefully this week we can get Cade some rest because he is banged up and get some younger guys some touches on offense and defense both.

9 hours ago, lawnman said:

Getting Blake Stewart back next week will help this defense a lot and the offense is young in places and it shows on the field but coach has to find away to get these young guys the ball.

Agree 100%.  That new kid really did impress me at MLB last night.  Having him and Stewart will surely help in pass coverage too.

We all knew that Elizabethton was going to win last night, it's just one of those things, they are invincible against Boone.    And the Cyclones are a fine team, but nobody can say Boone didn't show up and give them all they wanted and more.   The Blazers have nothing to hang their heads about, just put this one behind us and keep trying to get better each week.

(Note to self:   Save the above paragraph to cut-n-paste into next year's thread..... *sigh*....)

On 9/10/2021 at 9:55 AM, blazer1set said:

ELIZABETHTON PLAYER 1:  Hey, who we got this week....?

EP2:   Boone

EP1:   Oh yeah, that's right.   Looks like another cakewalk in the park.

EP2:   I dunno know man, Wit... I mean Coach said we have to take every game seriously.   And besides they nearly beat us last year.

EP1:  Oh come on dude, last year was a fluke, they have only beaten us 2 times out of 35 tries, hahaha...   And in the end we still won, right?

EP2:  Yeah I guess, but we can't just take our eye off....

EP1:   I WANT ANTOHER SHOT @ GREENEVILLE!!!    Every other game is just a distraction until we meet them again in the playoffs.

EP2:  We really should focus on one game at a time like the Coach says...

EP1:    See dude, told you there was nothing to worry about, it's Boone lol

EP2:    WHAT?!?!?!    They almost pulled of the upset of the century!

EP1:    Yeah yeah, woulda coulda shoulda, close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades...

EP2:    Ok, but one game at a ti...

EP1:    GREEEEENEVILLE, YOU'RE NEXT !!!