Boone @ Betsy

lawnman

42 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

You never know, remember last year when Boone handed a totally unexpected loss to.... aw, can't think of the school..... uh, ummm......  they were in Greene County....  I'll think of it eventually

That was the week to catch them. Everything was aligned for Boone. Boone almost always plays hard. Basically a 50 year tradition almost.

8 hours ago, noonesfool said:

I would put Betsy in Front of Tullahoma and let the season takes it course. The playoffs will have a totally different players in the East this year as region 2 has a totally different look and feel to it. Betsy was hurt by having only 1 game under its belt for the pollsters and people ran the Hill down. Looking back that was a very strong win for Betsy.

secondly they lost by 30 to Greeneville and that hurt them. Greeneville and Betsy fans know what the rest of the state don’t know or can’t comprehend is the Devil’s extreme speed and athleticism.

Rankings are just paper, BUT they can be put up in the locker room for the added “cheap” motivation. It doesn’t hurt and Betsy knows how to win.

Great post!!

ELIZABETHTON PLAYER 1:  Hey, who we got this week....?

EP2:   Boone

EP1:   Oh yeah, that's right.   Looks like another cakewalk in the park.

EP2:   I dunno know man, Wit... I mean Coach said we have to take every game seriously.   And besides they nearly beat us last year.

EP1:  Oh come on dude, last year was a fluke, they have only beaten us 2 times out of 35 tries, hahaha...   And in the end we still won, right?

EP2:  Yeah I guess, but we can't just take our eye off....

EP1:   I WANT ANTOHER SHOT @ GREENEVILLE!!!    Every other game is just a distraction until we meet them again in the playoffs.

EP2:  We really should focus on one game at a time like the Coach says...

6 hours ago, blazer1set said:

ELIZABETHTON PLAYER 1:  Hey, who we got this week....?

EP2:   Boone

EP1:   Oh yeah, that's right.   Looks like another cakewalk in the park.

EP2:   I dunno know man, Wit... I mean Coach said we have to take every game seriously.   And besides they nearly beat us last year.

EP1:  Oh come on dude, last year was a fluke, they have only beaten us 2 times out of 35 tries, hahaha...   And in the end we still won, right?

EP2:  Yeah I guess, but we can't just take our eye off....

EP1:   I WANT ANTOHER SHOT @ GREENEVILLE!!!    Every other game is just a distraction until we meet them again in the playoffs.

EP2:  We really should focus on one game at a time like the Coach says...

EP3: They only have 5 seniors....Science Hill had 35. Could be a long night for blazers...

Just now, formerblazer said:

Boone 7-6 and I'm assuming it is near halftime?

Figured I'd hear some chatter on here.

Correct score and we just came to the half.            Typically what happens at this point is Elizabethton will make adjustments and Boone will not.    Really hoping for a change but guess we'll see.     Boone's defense is not intimidated at all, they are playing lights out.

Just now, blazer1set said:

Correct score and we just came to the half.            Typically what happens at this point is Elizabethton will make adjustments and Boone will not.    Really hoping for a change but guess we'll see.     Boone's defense is not intimidated at all, they are playing lights out.

Weren't you making jokes about a running clock in the 3rd?

1 minute ago, formerblazer said:

Weren't you making jokes about a running clock in the 3rd?

I said there would be NO running clock before the 3rd, haha...    Man if we could just muster up some offense we could win this game.    I think Elizabethton has the better team but so far they did not show up to play and Boone did.