Milan @ Haywood week 5

BIGPURPLEMACHINE

1 hour ago, Archiewho said:

That would be the knee jerk reaction and I definitely think that had some consideration in making the jump.  However, with realignment, everyone in Milan’s 3a region either moved up to 4a or down to 2A,.  3a is almost nonexistent in rural west tn with the new alignment so they really didn’t have much choice

But people don’t want to hear that. When you mention travel, money from gates, fewer non region games, etc. none of that matters to people on hear. They would much rather say Milan was running from the Boogeyman….

Congratulations Tomcats!   It was a job well done, and I'm as happy as I can be for the team and coaching staff.  

Unfortunately, the actions of a few Tomcat fans will have an adverse effect on our school, team, fans, and community for a long time.  In a previous post,  Bulldog89 stated he has lost a lot of respect for Haywood.  Who could blame him?  I'm sure a lot of others have as well.  

I'm glad we won, but the actions of these fans has disappointed and embarrassed me.   I offer my sincerest apologies to the the Milan faithful.  

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

Congratulations Tomcats!   It was a job well done, and I'm as happy as I can be for the team and coaching staff.  

Unfortunately, the actions of a few Tomcat fans will have an adverse effect on our school, team, fans, and community for a long time.  In a previous post,  Bulldog89 stated he has lost a lot of respect for Haywood.  Who could blame him?  I'm sure a lot of others have as well.  

I'm glad we won, but the actions of these fans has disappointed and embarrassed me.   I offer my sincerest apologies to the the Milan faithful.  

I can not comment on what happened because I was not there, nor do I know what happened. However, You are quickly becoming one of my favorite posters on the T! This is class. Great job, Stacmot! I hope the Milan folks that got treated poorly realize that ever community has clowns. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, stacmot said:

Started to let all this go unchallenged, but since I was at the game I can't let it go. First, the reason we had some fans on the Milan side (grownups mostly, not kids) was that the Haywood side was pretty packed by kickoff. Milan didn't exactly pack their side, which was kind of surprising. And yes, they did on a few occasions chant "Welcome to Class 4A" or something similar. That's just fans. Second, most of the yelling I heard throughout the game was directed at their own coaches from disgruntled Milan fans themselves - frustrated that their big prospect had one touch in the game and things weren't going too well for them. Haywood fans are generally well behaved and mostly pull for their own team. If someone was offended, then welcome to the crowd. Most games that Haywood travels to, we hear deragetory remarks all the time. One opponent deems it necessary too have extra security on hand when we show up. Another provides no benches on the sidelines and puts our radio crew in the stands. We just show up and cheer for our team. Don't just single out Haywood all the time. This stuff goes on all over the country. If someone is offended and has lost respect, so be it. Not going to apologize for some imagined hurt by a few opposing fans. Grow up.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

Started to let all this go unchallenged, but since I was at the game I can't let it go. First, the reason we had some fans on the Milan side (grownups mostly, not kids) was that the Haywood side was pretty packed by kickoff. Milan didn't exactly pack their side, which was kind of surprising. And yes, they did on a few occasions chant "Welcome to Class 4A" or something similar. That's just fans. Second, most of the yelling I heard throughout the game was directed at their own coaches from disgruntled Milan fans themselves - frustrated that their big prospect had one touch in the game and things weren't going too well for them. Haywood fans are generally well behaved and mostly pull for their own team. If someone was offended, then welcome to the crowd. Most games that Haywood travels to, we hear deragetory remarks all the time. One opponent deems it necessary too have extra security on hand when we show up. Another provides no benches on the sidelines and puts our radio crew in the stands. We just show up and cheer for our team. Don't just single out Haywood all the time. This stuff goes on all over the country. If someone is offended and has lost respect, so be it. Not going to apologize for some imagined hurt by a few opposing fans. Grow up.

Glad someone said it. Sorry the move to 4a hasn’t gone as planned, but take your loss on the chin. Haywood has been a dominant force in 4a for the last few years and there have been zero complaints on here about our fans behavior in all the traveling and competing across the state we’ve done in that time.  Funny that you guys show up, get licked and start accusing us of classlessness 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

First of all I will apologize for lumping all Haywood fans together for actions of a few. I appreciate Stacmots post and I respect Stacmot and Tomcatfan2011. I just started posting this year but have been a long time reader and I respect their opinions.

You are correct that other Haywood fans were sitting on our side and I actually sat next to a couple who cheered on Haywood which no Milan fans had a problem with. You can spin it or challenge all you want but there were a group of young men who started at the beginning of the game and actually waited till it was over and heckled some Milan fans as they left. If you didn’t see or hear them then I doubt seriously you were on our side or you had on rose colored glasses. They were there for one reason and it wasn’t to cheer on Haywood. The only remarks yelled at coaches or players were by this group not Milan. Yes we got beat badly and will again I’m sure. We can take it. There is a line you don’t cross and I’m not sure I can define it but they crossed it. When you have little kids asking what is going on and the players on sideline looking back in stands for what they were doing, that is not just fans cheering your team. Maybe this has never happened before but hopefully it won’t again. 

Haywood has a heck of a team and good luck the rest of the year.

1 hour ago, stacmot82 said:

Glad someone said it. Sorry the move to 4a hasn’t gone as planned, but take your loss on the chin. Haywood has been a dominant force in 4a for the last few years and there have been zero complaints on here about our fans behavior in all the traveling and competing across the state we’ve done in that time.  Funny that you guys show up, get licked and start accusing us of classlessness 

Can you show me one Milan poster that has complained about moving to 4a? You sure are making a big deal about beating Milan and then saying we shouldn’t be in 4a. Which is it?

20 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

First of all I will apologize for lumping all Haywood fans together for actions of a few. I appreciate Stacmots post and I respect Stacmot and Tomcatfan2011. I just started posting this year but have been a long time reader and I respect their opinions.

You are correct that other Haywood fans were sitting on our side and I actually sat next to a couple who cheered on Haywood which no Milan fans had a problem with. You can spin it or challenge all you want but there were a group of young men who started at the beginning of the game and actually waited till it was over and heckled some Milan fans as they left. If you didn’t see or hear them then I doubt seriously you were on our side or you had on rose colored glasses. They were there for one reason and it wasn’t to cheer on Haywood. The only remarks yelled at coaches or players were by this group not Milan. Yes we got beat badly and will again I’m sure. We can take it. There is a line you don’t cross and I’m not sure I can define it but they crossed it. When you have little kids asking what is going on and the players on sideline looking back in stands for what they were doing, that is not just fans cheering your team. Maybe this has never happened before but hopefully it won’t again. 

Haywood has a heck of a team and good luck the rest of the year.

Fair enough. And for clarity from the other side I heard what I heard Milan fans  yelling at their coaches and also heard quite an argument between what I presume was a parent and a coach after the game. Haywood has "bad" fans and I'm sure Milan does as well. Unfortunately, all teams do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stacmot82 said:

You guys??  Just as you don’t want the actions of a few Haywood fans characterizing all Haywood fans, I would ask you kindly do the same for Milan. Not all Milan fans accused you of being classless. I assure you that the Milan team, coaches and vast majority of fans did take their loss on the chin and will improve and move on. Sorry that a Milan fan accused you all of being classless cause I have nothing but respect for all the Haywood posters on this board. But we need to show the same respect you expect. Most Milan fans are good people and so are most Haywood fans. And we all need to continue to act like it. 

• Like 1