Henry County @ Clarksville NW

BigRed88

14 minutes ago, gr8tn08 said:

I guess he just never showed up on the big stage and that happens when some kids develop more early in their teens and when they get to high school they already have stopped growing and developing and the competiton is much better.

Yeah that is possible it has happened more than once. 

Edited by BigRed88

11 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

May be but I dont agree with that at all. The funny thing is if we beat Brentwood like we should have, the talk would be totally different.

And if my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle. 

HC still has 6 chances to improve their standing in these rankings (although I don't know why anyone cares about these polls, they mean exactly dog s***). I doubt there are 14 teams in 5A better than Henry County, but as it is, I see no reason they should be moved over a 3-1 or 4-0 team. The fact they're in anyone's top 10 or 15 shows they're still getting some respect out of tradition alone.

And if this post seems provocative, I'm not meaning to bark at you in particular. I've just never been a fan of polls. They mean nothing in a sport with playoffs.   

13 minutes ago, MSURacer said:

And if my aunt had a **** she'd be my uncle. 

HC still has 6 chances to improve their standing in these rankings (although I don't know why anyone cares about these polls, they mean exactly dog s***). I doubt there are 14 teams in 5A better than Henry County, but as it is, I see no reason they should be moved over a 3-1 or 4-0 team. The fact they're in anyone's top 10 or 15 shows they're still getting some respect out of tradition alone.

And if this post seems provocative, I'm not meaning to bark at you in particular. I've just never been a fan of polls. They mean nothing in a sport with playoffs.   

My point was I think Henry County can beat most of those same 3-1 and 4-0 teams in 5A :thumb:

11 hours ago, MSURacer said:

This is some much needed good news, especially with Inman struggling the way they are this season. 

This could be the start of a correction cycle like the stock market. Fortunately HC has had some great talent come through the program in the last 10 or so years but eventually you will start to see a decline in talent at some point. Sure we have 3 good players that are being recruited by D1 schools but it takes a TEAM to be successful e.g. if you have 2 horses pulling a sled and one pulls and the other doesn't at the same time they won't get the job done.

• Upvote 1