Springfield @ Rossview

Kevin38

Lets not forget, SHS has another feeder as well. 3 years after almost having to shut down the program, the program at Coopertown has stabilized. Coach Parton is solid, hopefully they can keep him around. They can move to 4-1 in the county with a win at WHH Thursday. They should only improve in the coming years provided the county can provide after school transportation for the kids coming from Springfield.

25 minutes ago, DANR said:

Lets not forget, SHS has another feeder as well. 3 years after almost having to shut down the program, the program at Coopertown has stabilized. Coach Parton is solid, hopefully they can keep him around. They can move to 4-1 in the county with a win at WHH Thursday. They should only improve in the coming years provided the county can provide after school transportation for the kids coming from Springfield.

I’m very interested in seeing what’s going to happen with the Springfield kids. I don’t see any way around building another middle school for Springfield with all the growth going on all over the county 

6 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I’m very interested in seeing what’s going to happen with the Springfield kids. I don’t see any way around building another middle school for Springfield with all the growth going on all over the county 

we already cant get kids to school now...much less trying to bus everyone all over the county. In my opinion if the wanted an IA school they should have built one

When I first heard about the phasing out of Springfield Middle and students being bused to other schools , my first thought was what will happen with athletics there? Surely an activity bus will be provided for the students who will have no way to and from practice. I know I have seen many of the players walking home after practice from the Springfield Middle School. I hope this is being looked into , if not it will be unfair for kids to participate in sports because of transportation issues and would be a huge loss  to  the high school athletic programs, while it’s great that Coopertown Middle program is having great success , I just hope the current SMS students will be part of the athletic programs there in spite of the transportation issues that will follow being bused 7 miles outside of Springfield. Both schools have been a plus for SHS. If a lot these kids get left out of athletics it would be a disgrace and SHS athletics would be greatly affected by this move. I’m just hoping this has been looked into.