Dobyns-Bennett @ GreenEville

KEV-O

Well, I saw GHS in person Friday night and as a rule I don’t pay much attention to scores. What impressed me:

1. Greeneville’s speed, EVERYWHERE.      
2. The QB….athletic and throws a great ball.      
                                                            3. Gudger is a great back period.                
4. Well coached. Few mistakes on the field and the coaches are always talking to the players.                                
5. An offensive line that is large, aggressive and fast! They are really good and get down field.                              
6. Defense has Athletes every where. They rotate up front.                                        
7. well conditioned and a great environment at Burley Stadium.

Edited by noonesfool

2 hours ago, KEV-O said:

I think the majority of us know how this one's going to go, but things happen. With DB being the underdog what do they need to do to upset Greeneville at Burley Stadium? Does DB have the weapons to put points on the board? 

I'm going out on a limb and saying Greeneville throws a TD pass on their first offensive play. It will be over by halftime but I guess DB will have to play the whole game. I think Greeneville can name the score in this one. I would of liked to of seen last years DB team against this years Greeneville team. I think that would of been a good game. That's fantasy land though. 

The thunderbolt of the Confederate army ,General Morgan spent his last night in the the house Batman was born in 98 years later. So much history in Greeneville and this area. Next week the Tribe goes to Greeneville to try and make a little more.I believe my Devils have to much speed but as I always say, it's not over until the game is played  

Edited by BatmanDevil

Critics will say that DB got to 5-0 by not playing anybody.   

Okay, true, but other than Elizabethton who has the GREENE played?   

Their only opponent over .500 (barely) is Morristown West.     

Will this be a clash of the unbeatens that comes down to the wire, a game that would even put a cloudy haze around Major Amos B. Hoople's crystal ball?   Will the scoring bounce back and forth as each team seeks to assert itself as THE football powerhouse on this end of the state?   Will the fans be drained at the end from the drama on the field?    Will some laugh, some cry, some kiss the season goodbye?    

I watched Greeneville scrimmage West Ridge and against Knox Central. They put up 5 or 6 TD in maybe 20 plays against WR. They have speed everywhere, good running backs, a couple of good quarterbacks, size along both sides of the LOS and are well coached. 

I've seen D-B live against Central and Lord Botetourt in scrimmages. I saw the film of the Anderson Co scrimmage and saw them live against THS. Our grandson plays for D-B. We are rooting for the Tribe.

That said, I'll go with Greeneville....by a lot.

12 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Critics will say that DB got to 5-0 by not playing anybody.   

Okay, true, but other than Elizabethton who has the GREENE played?    

Greeneville thumped a Knox Central team that pretty much had their way with D-B in a scrimmage. Yeah, it's a scrimmage, but it still gives you a snapshot of how you compare physically against someone. 

45 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Major Amos B. Hoople was born in Kingsport, just saying....

Ha! Hoopla was just a major…… we had   the Senator, military Governor of Tennessee, Vice President and President Andrew Johnson. PS: do not discuss his lack of formal education, slave holding, bad personality, binge drinking and impeachment.

39 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

The thunderbolt of the Confederate army ,General Morgan spent his last night in the the house Batman was born in 98 years later. So much history in Greeneville and this area. Next week the Tribe goes to Greeneville to try and make a little more.I believe my Devils have to much speed but as I always say, it's not over until the game is played  

Downtown there is a building with a plaque on it that said Buffalo Bill Cody performed here. It’s on a corner across from the Federal Court House. Do you know the building or what it was?