Dobyns-Bennett @ GreenEville

KEV-O

40 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

I watched Greeneville on TV vs Knox Central, and they are very good, Central hung in for a little while, but not long. This is DBs first real test of the season after whopping all the neighborhood competition up there, DB is 5-0 with a young team, so we will see how they handle this challenge,  I would say Greeneville 28-14.

I hope it is that close. 28-14 would be a moral victory for DB. If DB had a better secondary that score might be possible. But the way it is Greeneville will be able to dial up a TD pass from anywhere on the field any time they want to. So I don't see Greeneville letting the game be that close. I suspect Greeneville will be successful with the run and the pass though. They may not have to exploit the secondary that much, 

14 hours ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

I don't disagree that Greeneville has athletes all over the field, but can someone explain in layman's terms why the game will be a running clock.  I'm not saying DB is filled with all-star talent, but they seem to have a lot of potential.  My dad told me when I was just a lad that potential will get you fired, but I believe in our coaches to get us prepared to fight the good fight.  I'm just a DB faithful trying to understand why others don't think we have a chance.

I don't know about layman's terms, but.....

* I watched D-B scrimmage Knox Central, and they struggled with multiple issues, mostly at the LOS and in the secondary. Knox Central is currently 2-3.

* I watched Greeneville thrash Knox Central 42-17 in a game that wasn't even that close.

* I watched D-B scrimmage Lord Botetourt. D-B had issues there as well in stopping the run. Lord Botetourt is a 3A team who is currently 1-3 and giving up an average of 46 ppg in their 3 losses. Their lone win was against an awful Blacksburg team that is likely to finish 0-10.

* I watched film of the Anderson Co scrimmage. D-B struggled with them as well.  Anderson Co is 2-3, and giving up 36 ppg.

* I watched Greeneville scrimmage West Ridge. Greeneville put up 5 or 6 TD in less than 20 plays, overwhelming WR with their speed and passing game.

* I watched D-B play THS. It was a 21-13 game at the half.

* D-B played West Ridge. It was a 7 point game with less than 5 minutes to go.

* D-B played Volunteer, and it was a 14-7 game at the half. It was 21-7 after 3 quarters. D-B scored 16 in the 4th for a 37-7 win.

* Greeneville played Volunteer and Greeneville was up by 40+ at the half. It might have been 49-0 or 56-0 at the half. I just remember seeing the score and it was ridiculous.

Yeah, there are some scrimmages in those comments. The old saying that you don't "show" anything in a scrimmage is true to some extent, but you can't hide how you match up physically against people. D-B didn't match up physically very well against Central, Botetourt or Anderson Co. West Ridge was simply overwhelmed against Greeneville.

Greeneville is big, fast and physical. They have an outstanding passing game with WR who can fly. They have 2 good quarterbacks. They have running backs who can hit a crease and take it to the house. They have a good OL. Their defense is big, athletic and aggressive. 

For all of Greeneville's offensive prowess, any chance D-B has at pulling an upset will come down to their offense being able to grind out yardage and keep Greeneville's offense off the field. If D-B has trouble moving the football, this will get ugly quick.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

lol, The JC Press should throw in the towel as a newspaper. Their right up there with the KTN. 

Fritz is a massive homer. Science Hill has a less than zero shot at even being respectable against Murville. D-B has a slightly better chance at Greeneville, but not by much. 

Murville 56

Toppers 20

Greeneville 49

D-B 17

Roll Tribe anyway....

I say DB just don't let the speed get out. QB keeper or RB or QB drop off pass to RB out of backfield. Devil's like that middle so stick the RB good because it will be a long night if Devil's get too far outside if parameters. Take one Qtr a time. IMO only But DB will have to score because Devils will break it. Not sure how good at scoring DB is. In my opinion

2 hours ago, JDHoss said:

I don't know about layman's terms, but.....

* I watched D-B scrimmage Knox Central, and they struggled with multiple issues, mostly at the LOS and in the secondary. Knox Central is currently 2-3.

* I watched Greeneville thrash Knox Central 42-17 in a game that wasn't even that close.

* I watched D-B scrimmage Lord Botetourt. D-B had issues there as well in stopping the run. Lord Botetourt is a 3A team who is currently 1-3 and giving up an average of 46 ppg in their 3 losses. Their lone win was against an awful Blacksburg team that is likely to finish 0-10.

* I watched film of the Anderson Co scrimmage. D-B struggled with them as well.  Anderson Co is 2-3, and giving up 36 ppg.

* I watched Greeneville scrimmage West Ridge. Greeneville put up 5 or 6 TD in less than 20 plays, overwhelming WR with their speed and passing game.

* I watched D-B play THS. It was a 21-13 game at the half.

* D-B played West Ridge. It was a 7 point game with less than 5 minutes to go.

* D-B played Volunteer, and it was a 14-7 game at the half. It was 21-7 after 3 quarters. D-B scored 16 in the 4th for a 37-7 win.

* Greeneville played Volunteer and Greeneville was up by 40+ at the half. It might have been 49-0 or 56-0 at the half. I just remember seeing the score and it was ridiculous.

Yeah, there are some scrimmages in those comments. The old saying that you don't "show" anything in a scrimmage is true to some extent, but you can't hide how you match up physically against people. D-B didn't match up physically very well against Central, Botetourt or Anderson Co. West Ridge was simply overwhelmed against Greeneville.

Greeneville is big, fast and physical. They have an outstanding passing game with WR who can fly. They have 2 good quarterbacks. They have running backs who can hit a crease and take it to the house. They have a good OL. Their defense is big, athletic and aggressive. 

For all of Greeneville's offensive prowess, any chance D-B has at pulling an upset will come down to their offense being able to grind out yardage and keep Greeneville's offense off the field. If D-B has trouble moving the football, this will get ugly quick.

That was why I said last years DB team and this years Greeneville team would of been a good game. DB had the type of offense that could do that. Thats how they made the playoff game with Maryville so close. They kept Maryvilles defense on the field and was wearing them down. Then when Maryville got on offense they were scoring so fast that the defense didn't have time to rest. If DB could of just had two stops they might of won that game. But all Maryville really had to do was flip a pass to a receiver and score. It was that easy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

What if DB's DB's play 10-12 yards off the LOS to eliminate the deep ball, will that throttle the GREENE's quick-strike offense?

Greeneville throws an array of slants/hitches/crossing routes with an occasional deep ball. They have explosive playmakers who are a big challenge for most defensive backs in high school to tackle in the open field. You play 10 yards off the LOS from them and they'll burn you anyway. Greeneville focuses on getting the football to guys in space and making you tackle them. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Greeneville throws an array of slants/hitches/crossing routes with an occasional deep ball. They have explosive playmakers who are a big challenge for most defensive backs in high school to tackle in the open field. You play 10 yards off the LOS from them and they'll burn you anyway. Greeneville focuses on getting the football to guys in space and making you tackle them. 

They really do. One playmaker I noticed is the screen they do that one really well it opens up the speed Greeneville has...that one can be dangerous.

Reading through some of the post and I'll say this when comparing teams. Throw out scrimmages because every team uses them differently.Even when comparing common opponents during the season can be misleading. I've been around a while and know that when any team in NET plays Dobyns Bennett, it doesn't matter who you are,that is a game you circle as huge. I know the Devils are loaded but nobody has beaten these Indians and you never overlook  a Kingsport Dobyns Bennett team.I guarantee you this Devil staff will have the team fired up and ready to go .

44 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Reading through some of the post and I'll say this when comparing teams. Throw out scrimmages because every team uses them differently.Even when comparing common opponents during the season can be misleading. I've been around a while and know that when any team in NET plays Dobyns Bennett, it doesn't matter who you are,that is a game you circle as huge. I know the Devils are loaded but nobody has beaten these Indians and you never overlook  a Kingsport Dobyns Bennett team.I guarantee you this Devil staff will have the team fired up and ready to go .

Batman - you and that crazy NORTHCAROLINAMANFORDB guy are the only ones who don't see the GREENE blowing DB off the field, so if the Tribe pulls this one out there is going to be a massive crow feast on the T come Saturday morning....    I have several recipes for tasty crow, accumulated over the years....