Dobyns-Bennett @ GreenEville

KEV-O

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

Reading through some of the post and I'll say this when comparing teams. Throw out scrimmages because every team uses them differently.Even when comparing common opponents during the season can be misleading. I've been around a while and know that when any team in NET plays Dobyns Bennett, it doesn't matter who you are,that is a game you circle as huge. I know the Devils are loaded but nobody has beaten these Indians and you never overlook  a Kingsport Dobyns Bennett team.I guarantee you this Devil staff will have the team fired up and ready to go .

Teams can use scrimmages differently, but you can't hide who you are physically. 

19 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Batman - you and that crazy NORTHCAROLINAMANFORDB guy are the only ones who don't see the GREENE blowing DB off the field, so if the Tribe pulls this one out there is going to be a massive crow feast on the T come Saturday morning....    I have several recipes for tasty crow, accumulated over the years....

If you need a good crow recipe then ask @Mavericksinflight for it, he has had to eat quite a bit against the Greene Devils over the years.  I'll be the first on here eating mine if DB upsets the Greene Devils.

For those interested in this series history....

2018 GHS 43-3
2017 GHS 35-21
2002 GHS 19-10
2001 DB 29-7
2000 DB 61-23
1999 DB 34-27
1992 DB 27-13
1976 DB 24-0
1975 DB 13-0
1974 DB 10-0
1973 DB 13-7
1972 DB 28-14
1971 DB 15-0
1970 DB 15-7
1969 DB 22-0
1968 GHS 6-2
1967 DB 35-7
1966 DB 48-0
1965 DB 21-0
1964 DB 12-6
1963 DB 7-3
1962 DB 26-0
1961 GHS 13-7
1960 DB 19-0
1959 DB 45-0
1958 GHS 14-7
1957 DB 14-7
1956 DB 20-0
1936 DB 45-0
1935 DB 7-6
1934 DB 19-0
1933 DB 13-7
1927 DB 69-0
1926 DB 57-0
1925 DB 40-6
1922 DB 51-7
1922 DB 25-12
1921 GHS 19-0

1 hour ago, blazer1set said:

Batman - you and that crazy NORTHCAROLINAMANFORDB guy are the only ones who don't see the GREENE blowing DB off the field, so if the Tribe pulls this one out there is going to be a massive crow feast on the T come Saturday morning....    I have several recipes for tasty crow, accumulated over the years....

Why would there be crow to be eaten either way? I want D-B to win. Most of us are just giving an opinion how it will play out. 

Swipes...Just trying to be transparent....But yes I pulling for a good game from DB. Give the Mavs something to work with on film haha...Not say anything about Crow had enough of that...and Enough is Enough...and I am certainly not saying we can beat Greeneville....yet.... but I would just like to see DB give them a game...lol

3 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Reading through some of the post and I'll say this when comparing teams. Throw out scrimmages because every team uses them differently.Even when comparing common opponents during the season can be misleading. I've been around a while and know that when any team in NET plays Dobyns Bennett, it doesn't matter who you are,that is a game you circle as huge. I know the Devils are loaded but nobody has beaten these Indians and you never overlook  a Kingsport Dobyns Bennett team.I guarantee you this Devil staff will have the team fired up and ready to go .

And Joey will have the Tribe ready as well! According to abunch of you on here DB doesn't have a chance. That's what they said last yr when they went to Maryville.G-Ville is a good team and there's no doubt.But the Tribe aren't riding all the way over there to try and get a moral victory.G-Ville has to lace up them shoes and put the pads on just like DB.I think DB has the talent to give G-Ville all they want.ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, DBturningitAROUND said:

And Joey will have the Tribe ready as well! According to abunch of you on here DB doesn't have a chance. That's what they said last yr when they went to Maryville.G-Ville is a good team and there's no doubt.But the Tribe aren't riding all the way over there to try and get a moral victory.G-Ville has to lace up them shoes and put the pads on just like DB.I think DB has the talent to give G-Ville all they want.ROLL TRIBE ROLL!!

Yep,coach Christian and all those coaches I like and respect will have Dobyns Bennett fired up and ready as well. This is one of those games that if either team shows up and thinks they can just go through the motions and the other team will just fall down,then that team is mistaken and in for a bad surprise. I'm saying that it would surprise me if Greeneville doesn't come prepared for an undefeated eighth ranked 6A DB team.Had to throw the ranking that means nothing in there because I'm sure the DB boys have heard all about Greeneville's ranking that means squat until the playoffs are over.Bottom line is DB ,Oak Ridge and about Five 4A teams in the playoffs are capable of beating a Greeneville team that makes a lot of mistakes and doesn't play a good game.I know that and the Greeneville staff knows that,their job is to simply make game plans and change things when it's not going well and they are very good at that.With this book written,it would not at all surprise me to see Greeneville lay a beat down on my kids old team like they have never seen.Greeneville has speed and speed kills when all else is even.You can't coach it and it's hard to stop .These are the sons and nephews of many of my old friends from Greeneville and man they are talented.So for this game and myself , it's GO Devils !

2 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Yep,coach Christian and all those coaches I like and respect will have Dobyns Bennett fired up and ready as well. This is one of those games that if either team shows up and thinks they can just go through the motions and the other team will just fall down,then that team is mistaken and in for a bad surprise. I'm saying that it would surprise me if Greeneville doesn't come prepared for an undefeated eighth ranked 6A DB team.Had to throw the ranking that means nothing in there because I'm sure the DB boys have heard all about Greeneville's ranking that means squat until the playoffs are over.Bottom line is DB ,Oak Ridge and about Five 4A teams in the playoffs are capable of beating a Greeneville team that makes a lot of mistakes and doesn't play a good game.I know that and the Greeneville staff knows that,their job is to simply make game plans and change things when it's not going well and they are very good at that.With this book written,it would not at all surprise me to see Greeneville lay a beat down on my kids old team like they have never seen.Greeneville has speed and speed kills when all else is even.You can't coach it and it's hard to stop .These are the sons and nephews of many of my old friends from Greeneville and man they are talented.So for this game and myself , it's GO Devils !

I see Greeneville as the "Maryville" of 4A. They are very well coached at every position. They have an excellent feeder system. The players from little league to varsity have bought in. And any hope that Greeneville might not show up in the right frame of mind is a waste of time. Ain't gonna' happen. I wouldn't even take DB and 40 points in a bet. A lot of factors that back up my prediction. 

23 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I see Greeneville as the "Maryville" of 4A. They are very well coached at every position. They have an excellent feeder system. The players from little league to varsity have bought in. And any hope that Greeneville might not show up in the right frame of mind is a waste of time. Ain't gonna' happen. I wouldn't even take DB and 40 points in a bet. A lot of factors that back up my prediction. 

A blowout wouldn't surprise me , but neither would a close game . I'm not ready to put my Devils in the same sentence as a Maryville until they have done a lot more work and brought home about a dozen more gold balls.The difference is nobody has stopped the Rebels from making it to at least a semi final game but maybe a few times since Davy Crockett was alive. That's dominance in East Tennessee that only Alcoa can compare with .

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

A blowout wouldn't surprise me , but neither would a close game . I'm not ready to put my Devils in the same sentence as a Maryville until they have done a lot more work and brought home about a dozen more gold balls.The difference is nobody has stopped the Rebels from making it to at least a semi final game but maybe a few times since Davy Crockett was alive. That's dominance in East Tennessee that only Alcoa can compare with .

Yeah, I'm not saying their entire history. I'm talking today, the past 5 or 6 years. Their "system" works like Maryville's. And there was a Maryville connection that helped set that up. So that's where the Maryville comparison comes in.  Which lead's to another question. If Maryville, Greeneville and Elizabethton can win multi state championships using basically the same system why can't DB do the same? I'll hang up and listen.

8 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Yeah, I'm not saying their entire history. I'm talking today, the past 5 or 6 years. Their "system" works like Maryville's. And there was a Maryville connection that helped set that up. So that's where the Maryville comparison comes in.  Which lead's to another question. If Maryville, Greeneville and Elizabethton can win multi state championships using basically the same system why can't DB do the same? I'll hang up and listen.

I have heard that the city is more concerned with the youth soccer program and is resistant to Coach Christians attempts at consolidating a youth football program. Also the people in charge with all of the Kingsport youth leagues are only in it for their own glory. Im talking Lynn Garden, Kingsport Raiders, and Boys and Girls Club. 

Until that happens it is a long road to consistent success.