Dobyns-Bennett @ GreenEville

KEV-O

4 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I haven't followed the middle schools at all this year. But I have driven by Sevier a couple times this year when the team has been on the practice field. Just looking at them it looks like their numbers are up by quite a bit. And they looked to have some size for a middle school team. Lots of athletic looking kids from what I could see driving by. Also wondering if that QB is still at Robinson. I think his last name is Begley maybe and I believe is a 8th grader this year. I know there was a lot of excitement about him last year. 

I know there is a new staff at Sevier after they canned the old staff. Heard they have got a bunch of kids out, but they haven’t won a game this year. Hopefully they get some momentum next year. 

16 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Looking forward to my first visit to Burley tomorrow night. That being said, how is parking there? And the most important part, how are the concessions? Lol. 

Just hope it's a good game. Roll Tribe Roll! 

We usually park in one of the parking lots off of N College Street, or just up from the Niswonger. Neither are a bad walk, and are an easy and quick exit. No idea about concessions. Back in the day we'd always eat at Central Park, but sadly, they closed a few years ago. Safe travels. We're going up to Cocoa to watch #3 (Class 8A) Treasure Coast at #4 (Class 4A) Cocoa tomorrow night. It'll bean interesting game of opposites. Treasure Coast runs the single wing and rarely attempts a pass, while Cocoa attempts right at 30 passes a game.

5 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

We usually park in one of the parking lots off of N College Street, or just up from the Niswonger. Neither are a bad walk, and are an easy and quick exit. No idea about concessions. Back in the day we'd always eat at Central Park, but sadly, they closed a few years ago. Safe travels. We're going up to Cocoa to watch #3 (Class 8A) Treasure Coast at #4 (Class 4A) Cocoa tomorrow night. It'll bean interesting game of opposites. Treasure Coast runs the single wing and rarely attempts a pass, while Cocoa attempts right at 30 passes a game.

I think it was 2014 or 2015, I know Knox West won the state title.    Anyway, the teams that won the titles that year in classes 1-5 threw a total of about 10 passes between the 5 of them in those games.    Only Maryville in the 6A game threw a bunch of passes.     It's funny that everybody seems to think the only way to win is to go all pro style and sling the ball all over the field.

1 hour ago, DBKPT93 said:

I know there is a new staff at Sevier after they canned the old staff. Heard they have got a bunch of kids out, but they haven’t won a game this year. Hopefully they get some momentum next year. 

Thats weird. They look like a great bunce of kids. I thought wow, that's gonna be a good bunch when they get to DB. Maybe this new coaching staff not very good. That would be about right. It's the Kingsport way. They said, this old staff is not very good. Lets replace them with someone worse. 

1 hour ago, JDHoss said:

I stay in Indian Rocks Beach near Largo every year on vacation. Largo's stadium looks real nice from US 19. I need to try to take vacation down there one year during football season so I can see a game there. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Thats weird. They look like a great bunce of kids. I thought wow, that's gonna be a good bunch when they get to DB. Maybe this new coaching staff not very good. That would be about right. It's the Kingsport way. They said, this old staff is not very good. Lets replace them with someone worse. 

No clue about the staff in general. The only thing I know is that they started with only around 25 kids on the first day and after the first couple weeks of school they have over 50 on the roster. Hopefully they can turn it in to something 

34 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

I stay in Indian Rocks Beach near Largo every year on vacation. Largo's stadium looks real nice from US 19. I need to try to take vacation down there one year during football season so I can see a game there. 

Been a crazy season here so far with Covid and weather postponements. We live in Fort Pierce, which is about an hour and a half  from Miami. Most Fridays, we'll go to a game somewhere between Fort Lauderdale and Vero Beach or Sebastian.