Meigs vs McMinn Central

Meeru

5 minutes ago, Yeti said:

There's no harm in voicing an opinion we all have them. I'm just glad to have another poster for Meigs on besides myself. If it wasn't for you and goat most of the time it would just be me on here. Good to see more fans on here.

It's usually pretty quiet unless we are playing someone like Hampton, Oneida or TC.

I'm looking forward to this week's game. Central is on a 2 game win streak. Mondays paper said they used a sophomore backup QB who is a Basketball player and just started playing football two weeks ago as a receiver and never played  QB. He even threw a TD pass. Pretty cool.

Sounds like their D has improved also.

I know our kids look forward to this one every year

2 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

It's usually pretty quiet unless we are playing someone like Hampton, Oneida or TC.

I'm looking forward to this week's game. Central is on a 2 game win streak. Mondays paper said they used a sophomore backup QB who is a Basketball player and just started playing football two weeks ago as a receiver and never played  QB. He even threw a TD pass. Pretty cool.

The kids love it yeah, me not so much. I just can't get into the rivalry mentality that the kids and coaches have for this game. I will be Impressed if we hold Central to 0 points scored though if we can. I hope our defense takes up the challenge. 

7 minutes ago, Yeti said:

The kids love it yeah, me not so much. I just can't get into the rivalry mentality that the kids and coaches have for this game. I will be Impressed if we hold Central to 0 points scored though if we can. I hope our defense takes up the challenge. 

I dont think they will score on your 1's.Meigs Rolls.

23 hours ago, Tiger2 said:

He is an amazing athlete.  I was proud of him stepping up last week. Tough when you come straight in the game without taking one high school snap. Should have been another TD pass. Receiver dropped ball in the end zone. Young man is raw but has an arm with accuracy. In due time Central offense is gonna be tough to deal with. 

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

He is an amazing athlete.  I was proud of him stepping up last week. Tough when you come straight in the game without taking one high school snap. Should have been another TD pass. Receiver dropped ball in the end zone. Young man is raw but has an arm with accuracy. In due time Central offense is gonna be tough to deal with. 

We won't have much video on him. Hope we can shut him down. 

1 hour ago, logcabinman said:

Like I said, it should be a good night for Meigs. I am just excited to see coming out to play football again. 

Nice to get the basketball athletes on the field. We have a few that play both sports and have been a great contribution to football when their sport of choice was basketball. 

24 minutes ago, Yeti said:

Nice to get the basketball athletes on the field. We have a few that play both sports and have been a great contribution to football when their sport of choice was basketball. 

Yes, to be competitive in our rural communities it is a must. You will definitely have the opportunity to work on pass defense this Friday. Hoping for a injury free game.