Lenoir City host Ribbinsville

Sandman63

16 hours ago, Cactus Jack said:
2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Dang, that was a long time ago. But I do remember the Smokey Mountain Conference beating up on each other. It was harder to win that conference than it was to win the state in 1A. Smokey Mountain 1A and 2A schools use to go at each other hard with the Streeter brothers and a QB named Shuler and many others.

Still is.

A SMC team has won the state title the last 6 of the last 7 years. 

A SMC team has played for a state title the last 11 years or so.

This year 1a grown to about 700 kids so it will be tough.

Robbinsville only has 370 kids

On 9/21/2021 at 9:32 AM, HTV said:

Robbinsville:  

The home of country music superstar Ronnie Millsap.  

Also the home of Moonshiners stars Jeff Waldroup, Jim Tom Hedrick, Mark Rogers, Lynn Waldroup, Huck with no last name, and the late Lance Waldroup.  

And Robbinsville High has a few North Carolina high school football championships in it's history, too, 11 according to the Google Machine.  

Been there many times, by the way.  It's on the east end of The Dragon, which my much better half and I have driven many times with the top down on a beautiful sunny day.  

Big Mark Rogers fan. Made a special trip to Robbinsville to have him sign my mid 70's Marlin 35 rem lever action. The same rifle he carries and hunt with.

Trips across the mountain in the AMG are magical.

Stayed at the Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort several times. Nice get away.

Always walk up to the dam and recite.....:the guy did a Peter Pan right off this dam, right here!"

Harrison Ford The Fugitive GIF - Harrison Ford The Fugitive Jump - Discover  & Share GIFs

58 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

Big Mark Rogers fan. Made a special trip to Robbinsville to have him sign my mid 70's Marlin 35 rem lever action. The same rifle he carries and hunt with.

Trips across the mountain in the AMG are magical.

Stayed at the Historic Tapoco Lodge Resort several times. Nice get away.

Always walk up to the dam and recite.....:the guy did a Peter Pan right off this dam, right here!"

Harrison Ford The Fugitive GIF - Harrison Ford The Fugitive Jump - Discover  & Share GIFs

Sounds like a fun time.  

Did you tell the folks at Tapoco Lodge that the Amish guy from the TV talking head show on Sunday mornings sent you?  

Love that area of the country.  Don't see how Dr. Richard Kimble survived that jump from the dam, however.